1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 100 Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I recently acquired a BT 100, 34" barrel trap gun. (Have wanted one for years!!) But, now I find I have a couple of questions about this gun. I thought maybe one of you could help.

1.) I was under the impression that these guns were capable of changing from ejector to extractor very simply. Is that true? If so, how do I do it?

2.) Is there available an after market trigger assembly that would change the gun to a release trigger by simply switching out the removeable trigger assemblies? And, if so, do you know where I can find one and how much they might cost?

Thanks guys. I am back at work, so will be away from the computer until Sunday. (Didn't want you to think I was ignoring your responses.) Thanks again. Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Answer to first question on theside of the trigger assembly is what looks like a large slotted screwhead. You can use a dime and turn it. That will change it from eject to extract and back to eject at your whim.

Don't know answer to second question.

Mine came with a release that takes a few seconds to add or remove the hook with a drift pin.

Jerrie White made it and his is very, very good.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jack,

Switching from eject to extract:<br>
    Remove the BT100 trigger mechanism It should look like this picture except this one is a release set-up(red and yellow arrows). The "BLUE" arrow indicates the switch to change your gun from extract to eject and vice versa. I don't remember which way does what as its been too long but that's the spot. Just a FYI, the matte finish BT100's did not come with the eject/extract switch option. The matte finish guns were extract only.

Release trigger:<br>
    Nobody makes a complete drop-out release trigger as far as I know. That said you will often see seperate drop triggers on here for sale either in pull(which Phillips can convert easiy) or already converted to release. I was lucky to have a gun that came with two trigger mech's. One release and one pull. It was very easy to convert the trigger mechanism that was a release to pull by simply removing the (1) screw(red arrow) and the release hook(yellow arrow).

[​IMG]

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

4. revbook

revbook Member

In case you weren't aware you can also change the "weight" of trigger pull on a BT 100.

Don in PA

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Best BT ever made...........just think if they had combined the features of the Plus and the 100?

6. willing

willing Member

I don't believe the matte finish guns had the switch,just extract. The release on mine could be removed by removing a screw and the hook came off.

Bill

7. janski69

janski69 TS Member

How do you adjust the weight of the trigger?

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

There is an Allen set screw on the back of the trigger assembly.

9. robertb

robertb TS Member

Jack
    The 100's triggers were factory "fitted" as an assembly.If you buy a complete assembly built into a release,It may not fit your receiver correctly.The fit might be OK ,to tight or a bit loose and may not cock reliably.Release triggers were of course never offered from the factory,so if you want to purchase an extra,try it in your gun before you buy it.Your probably looking at $400 for a complete trigger already built into a release.
    Bob

10. janski69

janski69 TS Member

Thanks Calkidd!

11. Martinpicker

Thanks to all of you for very valuable information! Once again, my TS.Com friends come through.

I have sent my lock and stock off to Graco to install one of their adjustable buttplates and a new Pachmayr buttpad, and was too stupid to remove the trigger assembly! So, I will have to wait until it comes back to check all this out.

Thanks again, Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

12. Martinpicker