1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-100 problems - need help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by a budine, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a budine

a budine Member

Help. I recently had my BT-100 tightened up a bit by a well-regarded and highly recommended gunsmith. After about a thousand rounds, it is developing the habit of popping open occasionally (once or twice in 25). Twice now I've caught movement in the opening lever as I shot. The gun feels as if something is loose when it happens. The only thing I've done to it is pull out the trigger and clean up the gunk, put light oil on everything and started shooting. It also seems to be cocking quite hard as the trigger resets - almost a crunchy sound that I had not noticed before. Is there a wrong way to put that trigger back in?? Now my concentration is blown and I could use some useful suggestions. Thanks in advance.

2. IndyJohnO

IndyJohnO TS Member

I had exactly the same problem. Easy fix. It is a weakened top-lever return spring. You can get the spring from Browning and do it yourself. If your not up to that, get that well-regarded and highly recommended gunsmith to do it for you.

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I think I would ask your gunsmith how that one slipped throught the cracks? Who was the gunsmith that did the work?

4. morgan1

morgan1 Member

I had the same issue with mine and TexasJohnO is correct top lever spring is weak or installed wrong just replace it.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Go back to that "well-regarded and highly recommended gunsmith" and let him correct the slight spring problem he missed and ask him if you should just wait while he does it or go get a cup of coffee and be back in about an hour.

Just a thought to remember ... if he has some sort of problem at all fixing this problem toot sweet on the spot he should not have been all that regarded or recommended.

6. Duck

Duck Member

I doubt that most Smith's shoot a gun after this kind of repair, maybe drop the firing pin on a snap cap. Should the top lever spring have been replaced, probably but it might have been a judgement call at time of repair and I'm sure if whoever felt it was an issue he would have replaced it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.