1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-100 price check

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shrek, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Member

Mar 31, 2006
    I have stumbled across a used bt-100, it has matte blues steel, does have the drop out trigger (I was told that some of the last matte blued ones did not). The lever is a good ways to the right of center when closed. The serial number suggests it is a 1998 model. It has IV+ choke barrel, not ported.

Here is where the suspicious parts come in. The owner before the current owner, and the current owner did not seem to believe in cleaning, or lubricating the gun.

It opens very easy, but does not wiggle side to side, and locks up tight.

There is what appears to be galling and some scoring where the fore end and receiver mate up and the parts rub when opening and closing.

there is some surface rust on the sides of the extractor and the barrel lug that fits in the receiver.

There is a lot of gunk and grime on the face where the base of the shell fits up to.

It has the usual wearing of the metal finish on trigger guard and the edges of the receiver, but not bad.

The wood has dings, but none big or ugly., and a few minor scratches on the outside of the barrel.

I would like to see what a good cleaning would do for it's appearance.

So what would a fair price for this shotgun be?

2. BMC

BMC Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Big green guy, without pics it would be hard to say. Sounds like $1,200 would be reasonable with the matte finish, etc. A 34 inch will be worth more than a 32 inch.
    As far as the gun opening real easy, I bought mine from a guy who had only put four cases of shells through it. The gun was like new and looked it inside and out, and it opened and closed with literally zero resistence, but the fit was tight, no wiggle. Since then probably put 5-6K rounds through it, it opens the same way, but no wiggle. I don't even break mine down much anymore, just super generously lubricate all of the metal parts and lug with bearing grease and let her be. She's happy and shoots well.
  3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Feb 26, 2007
    BT's and most O/U's are like the old Model-T Fords and Timex watches. Built to take a lickin and keep on going.

Offer them what you consider to be a fare deal and then spend some time cleaning and polishing and then shooting. Just realize that if the gun is in bad internal shape that it will cost upwards of about no more than most likely $200 to get it rebuilt but remember ... chances are that will not need to be done.

Just what is the person asking for the gun?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.