Trapshooters Forum banner

BT-100 Firing Pin

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BT-100dc 
#1 ·
My firing pin on my BT-100 needs to be replaced. I have ordered my new one and plan on replacing it myself but now I`ve been told that there is a tool needed to do this. Can some one tell me if this is true. I have replaced them on other guns but never on my Brownings...Thanks

#3 ·
There's a "special tool" needed for the BT-99 . . . but nothing truly exotic is needed for the BT-100.

For the BT-100:

1) Remove the buttstock.
2) Remove the drop-out trigger assembly.
3) With a proper-sized punch, drive out the cross-pin that holds the Firing Pin in place. (The cross-pin will be flush with one side of the receiver . . . drive it out towards that side . . . because the cross-pin is splined on that end for a tight fit.
4) Remove Firing Pin (and its spring) toward the rear.
5) When re-assembling, make sure to drive the cross-pin back in correctly (splined end flush with receiver wall just like it was before).

Note: on the BT-99, the Firing Pin is removed from the front of the breech face. For that, you DO need a special tool to unscrew the bushing from the breech face.

#4 ·
The only "tools" you need to replace parts on a BT100 are a screwdriver and a small finishing nail! That is if you use the handle of the screw driver to drive the finishing nail. A vise is nice if you are replacing the main spring. A BT100 is a very easy gun to work on. Do not forget to clean out the channel the firing pin and its spring go thru.

#6 ·
This may be pile-on but I replaced mine without any special tools. I would advise you to also replace the firing pin spring and if needed, the opening lever spring since you have it apart (stock removed). It's really not very difficult if you can recognize parts. BT100dc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.