1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

BT 100 firing pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by windyflat, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windyflat

windyflat Member

Can somebody please walk me thru changing the firing pin on my BT 100.

Thanks!

Tom
  2. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

Remove the recoil pad. Use slotted screwdriver to remove stock. (Assuming it is not a thumbhole) .Drive the pin holding the firing pin and firing pin spring out enough to remove firing pin and spring. Line up new firing pin and spring so pin will pass thru slot in firing pin and drive pin back in. Simple.
  3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Another thing that makes it easy is to remove the trigger assembly.
  4. goosedowner

goosedowner TS Member

What toolmaker said....You don't have to take the recoil pad off a BT-100, just snap out the trigger assembly and start from there.
  5. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

By the way if you look at the picture in the manual of all the numbered parts you should be able to see that the cut out in the firing pin goes up so the retaining pin can pass and hold it in.
  6. windyflat

windyflat Member

Thanks Guys!

Tom
  7. Tech Writer Jeff

Tech Writer Jeff Member

Goosedowner said: "You don't have to take the recoil pad off a BT-100, just snap out the trigger assembly and start from there".

Huh??? So you don't have to remove the recoil pad and stock to change the firing pin in a BT-100?? The BT-100 firing pin is in the drop-out trigger assembly and not in the frame/receiver?

I don't think so.
  8. goosedowner

goosedowner TS Member

My bad. That's what happens when your up all day then work a 12 hour night shift and come home and post on here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.