1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

BT 100 extraction height

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

My BT 100, when set on eject, throws empties a mile. When set on extract it barely lifts the case enough to get hold of it. Can that lift height be adjusted or increased?

rm

2. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

3. Dave P

Dave P Active Member

There is a site called Gun Manuals that has one for the Bt100. Just download it.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I hear ya, Yakiman. Mine and several others I've shot in extract mode all raise the hull only about 0.100" above the breech face. That's OK for warm weather but if you're wearing gloves it's a little tough to get ahold of them. I'll be eager to see if this can be increased.

In the mean time, 3, 2, 1... launch!

-Gary

5. Tech Writer Jeff

Tech Writer Jeff Member

Dave P: I'm pretty sure the website called "Gun Manuals" is going to have only a PDF version of the actual owner's manual that comes packed with the shotgun . . . and that's not going to describe adjusting the extractor/ejector for a higher lift.

Yakimaman: I don't think the extraction height can be easily adjusted. The lift height depends on the relative lengths of the parts Browning calls the "Ejector" and "Ejector Extension". A lug on the Ejector Extension rides on a camming surface inside the receiver, which lifts/retracts the Ejector Extension (and Ejector) when the gun is opened/closed, respectively.

If I remember correctly, owners of late-model BT-99s had the same complaint. So, later (2005 or so?), these parts were tweaked slightly by Browning to provide a little higher shell lift (important since current BT-99s are extract-only.

However, for a BT-100, I think you're out of luck (unless these particular BT-99 parts can be adapted for use in a BT-100).

- Jeff

6. letts

letts TS Member

I have a BT100 and extract doesn't work for me. I hold my hand over the shell when I open the action and catch the shell. I reload and do not put nothing on the ground. When a case needs to be disposed of that is what the trash is for.

letts

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My BT100 does the same so I changed it back to eject and catch the shells. It is the way they are designed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.