1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 100 ejector problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clayshtr, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

I have a problem with my bt 100 not ejecting shells only extracting. The book says to turn the screw on the trigger asembly 180 degrees which I did but it doesn't make any difference. It will only extract the shells. Was wondering if any body has any ideas what could be wrong.

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

My BT is very odd in that as well. Several comments, (1) you need to break it open with a bit of speed & strength otherwise the spring to eject will not work right. (2) Mine also seems to be picky on ammo type. Some ammo works fine, others don't.

It bothered me at first, but then I just gave up and don't even pay attention to it anymore. Most of the time it ejects correctly, but I take them out by hand anyway so I just pull the ones that don't eject.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

clayshtr,

Is your BT 100 a satin or a gloss model? If it is a satin, it will only extract.

ss

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

OMG! The level of knowledge on these forums never seizes to amaze me.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

SS, I've never seen a BT-100 without the ejector/extractor feature? Wayne

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

wayneo,

The last part of the production run of BT-100's they made a model known as the "satin". It was a no frills version of the 100 that had a satin finish to the bluing on both the receiver and barrel. The wood was generally plainer figured and had a satin finish to it as well. The trigger group still dropped out, but didn't have the extract/eject feature of the gloss model. I think it still had the screw for it though. The satins weren't ported either.

This was all done for cost cutting reasons. The BT-100 were slow selling due to price.

ss

7. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

However, if you don't have the satin model BT-100 (ie, either the high gloss blue or the Stainless steel), you could simple have an ejector timing issue. I had a similar to problem to what you described when I had a custom foreend made. It took Phillips about 5 minutes to fix. Bob K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.