1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 100-DIFFERENT MODELS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

How many versions of the BT 100 were there ?
    What was the difference ?
    Did they all shoot the same ( 60/40-70/30-or flat )
    Thanks for your time .
    BILL

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bill, I have the High Gloss Blue version. This one has the drop out trigger and adj. pounds of pull (3 l/2 to about 5-6 pounds) and can eject or elevate the empty hull as well. There is a Satin Blue finish version as well. Still has the drop out trigger, but no adj. for pounds of pull or for choice for eject or elevate empty hull. I think (not sure it elevates only). I'm sure someone will answer that one. It was also available in Stainless Steel finish as well. It had all the goodies that the High Gloss Blue one has. All three were had a choice of 32 inch or 34 inch barrels as well. As for the POI on different ribs. I have HEARD there was one year or so that they made a higher POI gun rib, I have never seen one. Mine and others that I have tried all shoot about 60/40 or so. Pretty flat shooting as a trap gun goes, but no different than the reg. BT-99. Hope this helps you out. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. jtf650

jtf650 Member

The Satin (a.k.a. El Cheapo- I have one) trigger does adjust for pounds of pull, but not eject or extract- it's extract only, which isn't bad if you reload. The satin also does not have porting, which the high class ones have, and it comes with a straight fixed comb stock. The High Gloss and Stainless versions could be had with Monte Carlo, straight adjustable comb, or thumbhole stocks. I don't recall anything about different ribs or POI on the BT100, although I have read something to that effect regarding earlier BT99s.

4. mobear

mobear Member

The trigger assembly on the satin version does have the adjustment for extract or eject, but the reciever on this model is not machined for it, the triggers are all the same no matter what model of 100.

Dan

5. jtf650

jtf650 Member

The trigger on my satin does not have provision for the extract/eject adjustment, and it's also plain blued, no engine turned finish. Maybe at some time Browning was using the same trigger, but they definitely at one point had an El Cheapo version of the trigger. The satin came with one choke tube (F), the others came with 3 tubes (F,M,IM) and I'm pretty sure a fixed full was available on the standard model as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.