1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruce Bowen TM-1 Triggers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

At one time Bruce Bowen made complete trigger groups for Perazzi TM-1s, not just modifications to factory stuff. I purchased one, years ago, and was wondering just how many he actually made. Anybody have one and what is the serial number?

Ed Yanchok

2. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

Up for Ed. How you doing ? Dave

3. Quick Shot

Quick Shot TS Member

Hi Ed--I've got serial #3 of the Bowen stainless steel trigger in my old TM-1. At one time I had serial #1, as well. Those triggers were as reliable as a trigger could be. I shot mine for years and the hammer spring became so weak you could cock the hammer with your little finger. It felt like a rubber band. I had Bruce replace it at the Grand and couldn't hit my fanny with the new one so I dug through a 55 gallon drum and found the old one and put it back in. My scores returned to normal. I don't shoot the TM-1 anymore, but I used it from 1976 until 2004. John Storm bent the barrel for me and it was choked by a country gunsmith here in Nebraska named Bud Basel. It was an excellent choke--.28 thousandths. When Bruce completed the first three triggers I had me pick and took #1 and #3.. #1 was my backup trigger.
    Frank Hoppe

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine is not stainless steel, and has a gold trigger. Serial number 77.
    I now use it as a backup in a TM-9X.

Ed Yanchok

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I have a blued steel serial # 63.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen release trigger

replacement trigger for tm 1