1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruce Bowen TM-1 Triggers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

At one time Bruce Bowen made complete trigger groups for Perazzi TM-1s, not just modifications to factory stuff. I purchased one, years ago, and was wondering just how many he actually made. Anybody have one and what is the serial number?

Ed Yanchok

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Up for Ed. How you doing ? Dave

3. Quick Shot

Quick Shot TS Member

Hi Ed--I've got serial #3 of the Bowen stainless steel trigger in my old TM-1. At one time I had serial #1, as well. Those triggers were as reliable as a trigger could be. I shot mine for years and the hammer spring became so weak you could cock the hammer with your little finger. It felt like a rubber band. I had Bruce replace it at the Grand and couldn't hit my fanny with the new one so I dug through a 55 gallon drum and found the old one and put it back in. My scores returned to normal. I don't shoot the TM-1 anymore, but I used it from 1976 until 2004. John Storm bent the barrel for me and it was choked by a country gunsmith here in Nebraska named Bud Basel. It was an excellent choke--.28 thousandths. When Bruce completed the first three triggers I had me pick and took #1 and #3.. #1 was my backup trigger.
    Frank Hoppe

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine is not stainless steel, and has a gold trigger. Serial number 77.
    I now use it as a backup in a TM-9X.

Ed Yanchok

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I have a blued steel serial # 63.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen release trigger

replacement trigger for tm 1