1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruce Bowen Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JohnP, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnP

JohnP Member

I have read both positive and some a little negative about the service from Bruce. I have traded for two used Bowen guns since June and would like to extend my appreciation and gratitude for the service I have received from Bruce after purchasing these guns. I obtained both guns from different dealers and neither from Bruce, so he hasn't made any money on either purchase but has gone out of his way to make sure both fit properly, switched both back to pull from release triggers, spent time to make sure all differences and features were well understood etc. He has been courteous and obliging in identifying original parts and tools supplied originally that were missing to aid in the switching of triggers.
    One of the guns stocks had been modified by the original owner resulting in a undesireable fit for me. Bruce met me while at the Grand this year. Spent time with me to see what was needed to get the proper fit and took the gun with him to make the necessary changes. I received the gun back from him sooner than originally stated and the gun fit great.
    While the gun was back at his shop it was noted by he and his stockmaker that the changes made by the original owner had removed some wood in an area that could have compromised the strength and integrity of the stock. They called with recommendations and made the necessary changes to bring the integrity of the stock back to original specs.
    Before someone fires back with a Whipty Do, don't sound like anything that anyone else wouldn't do. I have had several Pguns, Kgun, Brownings, Berettas over the years and had less than desireable service at times from all of them with the exception being Giacomo.
    As far as the gun, it's as good as any and better than most. Quality is outstanding, feels good, smokes targets, swings good.
    I hestitated for months before looking at the Bowens partially due to what I had read on here. Since no one close to me here had one I talked on the phone with a few guys that have Bowens (Tom Novak, DBbill, Jim Waliwok, sorry mispelled Jim)and glad I did before getting mine. I believe they all feel the same, love the gun and have no problems service or reliability.
    So far I would rate the guns at the top of any that I've had and I am 100% satisfied with help/service that I've asked for.

2. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Bruce, Chris, Aaron, Vern & Connie are outstanding people and absolutely do what they can to make you satisfied.

I wanted to increase my trigger pull, called Bruce, he overnighted an assortment of springs but I couldn't get it to where I wanted it. He got the receiver on a Wednesday at noon and I had it back Friday afternoon set to where I wanted it. Outstanding service.

I'm glad you got the guns and are happy with them John, and you're right, they do crush targets.

Jim W

3. jappo

jappo TS Member

Bump..Ditto service and gun quality...

4. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

Mr. & Mrs. Bowen and Co. are great people who will see to it that they can help you any way they can! Glad to see you are enjoying your Bowen!

J.D. Squire

5. glcmedic118

glcmedic118 TS Member

Having met Bruce recently at the Grand I have found this man to be a genuine, honest, hard working individual who really cares for the shooting sports. These are some of the people we should patronize and support. When you do the right thing, for the right reasons it shows. Communication that I have had with Bruce in the past is prompt and courteous, Bruce cares about the product that he puts his name to, and for the employees who produce it. My best wishes to a man who provides great service to people in several ways not mentioned here in this forum and hope his success continues for years to come.
    Have a great day,
    Grant

6. glcmedic118

glcmedic118 TS Member

Mr. Stagg,
    Sorry to hear you are having some sort of trouble, hope you can find resolution. My comments are based on past conversations and personal experience. My position is unchanged having dealt with other manufacturers in the past. I will reserve comment on the sainthood issue as this is sacreligious, but I still feel strongly that Bruce is a man of integrity and I am sure if you lend him some respect he will make and effort to help you with your problem...Best Regards, Grant

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

With both Mr Stagg and Mr Bowen involved in the Shooting sports for over 25 years!! This must be a old Feud. I'm still pretty new to trap. But this does not sound like a grudge over a Bowen gun problem from the past. They might have been rivals in business in the past, or maybe over a GIRL. The thorn in his side must be deep because it does not sound as if he wants to pull it yet.All things can be worked out in God's time. Good Luck to you both. Break-em all. Jeff

8. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Why can't we all just get along, kumbyah

Hillary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bowen trap gun smokes targets

bruce bowen shotguns customer service

bruce bowen trap gun worth the money

bruce bowen trap gun youtube

bruce bowen trapgun youtube