1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BRUCE BOWEN & CO. FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

I hope you have a long and happy retirement.

2. jwatts

jwatts TS Member

For those that are interested, I was lucky enough to stop into Sturgis, SD last week while on vacation. Bruce gave me a great tour of the facility. I had no iea it was for sale. The tour and Bruce's expertise made for a great tour of the facility. I was very impress as to the condition of the facility, high tech equipment and his test shooting range. The quality control of the product was excellent. Bruce, thanks for the tour and I wished the budget could afford one of those guns you have available. They were beauties! Best of luck on the retirement plans. John Watts, Pocatello, ID

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Good Luck in your future Bruce,,,,two things I realy wish,,,,one would be to have the cash for one of you guns,,,as I am trying to buy a house rite now ,,,that will not be,,,,number two would be to be ready to retire from my work and take overyours,,,That would be nice,,,,Well its nice to dream,,,,and I hope all yours do come true,,,,enjoy it you earned it,,,,Bill from NY

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bruce- It would be much easier to sell your company if you could figure out a way to transfer your skill, knowledge and attention to detail to the new owner.

Pat Ireland

5. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

You're gonna' miss trying to blow up that H&R.......

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Bruce I too wish you the best of luck. Although I do not own one of your products I have looked at them more than a few times and consider them to be TOP of the line . Happy shooting...

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good new career opportunity for Mike/PerazziBigBore

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Bruce, good luck in any and all new ventures in the future guy! Hap

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Bruce or anyone else - forgive me, but are you the same Bowen that use to make the release triggers out of Nebraska?

10. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

P Stagg - The reason I wanted to know was when I started trapshooting a number of years ago, I needed to buy a release trigger. I didn't know much about release triggers, so I called Bruce. I had heard nothing but good things about his triggers. He took the time to explained the workings of the trigger, and invited me to his shop to watch him do a trigger whenever I was in town. I never got to visit him, but I did buy one of his used triggers, knowing that it would be perfect. I never forgot how gracious he was on the phone, and always regretted not making the trip to his shop. Best wishes in retirement Bruce.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

unsingle:

I guess some thought you was going to say something negitive about Bruce on your first post but I thought different because a good friend of mine suggested me to have a release trigger done by someone else that bought out the Bowen release trigger part's ok all I was told was that the guy bought his release trigger out fit out all right lost for words here right now but any way if I went to the guy in question then I would get the same quality of release trigger as Bruce Bowen built.

Ok I can't afford a gun of the quality that Bruce and other american manufactories are building today, I need to get a better job or a Sugar Momma!!!!

All right the only reason I didn't send my gun of to have the release's put in is because I had them done at the Grand last year by a good gunsmith also I know that PerazziBigBore mentioned his name in his post above, Phillip is a good release trigger man also he also went out of his way to make my release's right because I had an old trigger group and he replace it with the newer version to make it work with his design anyway I can say no bad things about Bruce or the other guy that fixed my gun either.

By the way I was going to send my gun to Holbart and im sure he would have done a bang up job but since I could pick my gun up in person at the grand then I went with Philip instead of mailing and paying a lot of postage and insurance.

Bruce hope you have a long and relaxing retirement.

Foghorn220

12. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bruce,

You have made some really nice trapguns and given to our sport, good luck in your retirement.

Don Rackley

13. bas

bas Member

Best wishes to you and Chris. Hope we will see you at some of the shoots.

Betty and Roger

14. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

BigBore,

Please accept my apology for the way I have talked to you during discussions on these threads. I seem to have forgotten that a man has the right to like and respect whomever he wishes even when another person might disagree with him. I am sorry and in the future will try to remember some of the manners my Mother taught me.

Sincerely,

Pukey Stagg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen trapgun serial numbers