1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browniong Gold Problems Need help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grindem, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grindem

grindem Member

My Browning Gold is breaking firing pins, even the titainium pins.

Also, the bolt spring has broken twice within 3 flats of shells.

Any help out there?

grindem

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Not trying to be a smart^^^ but I had a friend that had one it was at the factory so many times they replaced it. He tried with that one, but got rid of it after the Browning rep couldn't resolve the issues with it.
    I have fiddled with guns a bit, and I would say that there is a headspace problem if you are breaking titanium pins. Or something with the bolt/locking block/firing pin relationship. Good luck, lots of good smiths on here to help you, Rick Gibbs.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The guy who was making titanium firing pins stopped because they broke more easily than the factory ones. Browning was supposed to have fixed that problem with beefier pins in later guns, so I'm surprised you're still having that problem - unless you have a bunch of the old firing pins.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What part is the Bolt spring? I had a few pins break on me on my gold hunter,older gun. My new gold sporting clays bought in oct 2006 is fine after 4000 rounds. with most being 500 round days with out cleaning.? Time for a Browning repair guy to check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.