1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brownint XTs what is your trigger pull on Ozs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have a friend that has an Browning XT Combo her bottom Bbl is set at 5 1/4 lbs
    top Bbl is 4 3/4 lbs she is having the feeling of a flinch coming on at times.

I suggested checking trigger pull and this was the results, it just had an annual done on it at the Cardinal Shoot, my feeling is the trigger pull should be 3-3 1/2 lbs, her scores have been dropping.

I ordered a trigger pull gauge from Brownell's a few hours ago so she could check it at intervals to see if it changes.

I know Ljutics are bad on this as their pins are all 1/8th inch and they bend and break affecting trigger pulls, I have seen the fluctuate 3 lbs on rechecks and found hammer pin broken and even bent, personal opinion the hammer pin should be larger for more strength, just my opinion.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I don't think that your friend knows the difference between ounces and pounds. I'll bet money that her trigger pull is not 5 ounces or anything near that low. More than likely it is about 5 POUNDS.

Easystreet

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I shot a .50 BMG with a 4 ounce trigger for long range shooting. You could barely feel your finger touch the trigger before it went off. 4 ounces on a trap gun would be dangerous at least in my hands.

Mike

4. Dr.Longshot

I corrected my post it was in pounds.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Gary,

I'm not sure what the question is. If your lady friend thinks she is about to begin flinching, a lighter trigger pull will not solve the problem, IMO. In fact, I think that too light trigger pulls contribute to the flinching problem.

A trigger pull of 3 to 3 1/2 pounds is too light, IMO. A smooth trigger pull of 4 pounds with just a touch of slack is about perfect. Of course, I shoot a release trigger so I know a little about flinching. :)

Easystreet

6. Dr.Longshot

I called Browning Arms today and they told me the trigger pull is within their specs of 5-6 lbs.

This heavier than most trapguns.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.