1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT vs Browning Cynergy Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OhioGal, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Lookiing for some info from you Browning Lovers...Looking to trade my BT-99 Golden Clay for as XT combo (new) or a Cynergy Trap (used with comb & recoil reduction) If you have one of these what do you hate or what do you love. I would love to sell my BT-99 outright, cause I am sure I could make more, and I am dealing with Jaquas...HELP!!!!

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Additionally I believe the Cynergy is only available with a monte carlo stock.

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I love my XT. Don't have much of an opinion on the cynergy, but its whatever you like too.

4. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Another vote for the XT...hard to beat for anywhere close to the price.

Jef

5. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I shot both these guns and could not tell much of a difference. I thought I had seen some comments about ribs not holding etc. The Cynergy is more, but I am getting the Metal case, and the recoil reduction system is on it. I love my Citori's I own...Just something about the Citori just did not feel right, maybe just the length. Thanks for help...guess I will flip a coin!

6. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Dave P I held it and shot it today, its got an adjustable comb, both the Cynergy and the XT I shot had the comb.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd choose the Cynergy because it has a quicker hammer/striker fall. Trigger sears can be reworked for suitable let-offs if they happen to be hard to pull. Hap

8. BMC

BMC Member

I haven't had the chance to handle a Cynergy. But if you are a moderate to small frame woman then I would believe the XT might be too heavy for you over the long haul. Its a pretty heavy gun in comparison to your BT99.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I had a Cynergy for two weeks. Bad Triggers, loose rib, rinky dink comb hardware, weak extractors, brick hard pad, short forcing cones and browning will not work on the gun if you have them removed, or sell you the parts to fix their extractors.

10. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Just in case anybody cares...I went with the Cynergy. Picked it up today the OU was set just like it was for me. The single barrel that was another thing. Off to Indiana to see the gun fitter now. New thread will be to find who from Michigan traded it to Jaquas! Thanks for all your comments...good shooting

Deb

11. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

I own a Cynergy unsingle combo I like the gun but the more I shoot it the further issues I have. Shannon391 worked with me last week getting me more confortable with the gun but like Shannon said if you work on the barrels Browning will turn their back on you if you need anything for the barrel. I had the forcing cone removed from my unsingle barrel after that I needed a new ejector sent the barrel to Browning to have this $17.00 part replaced they sent me the barrel back with a note [ barrel is non repairable]

The recoil pad is very hard replaced mine with a Kick Eze much better. The trigger on my gun is a 7 lb creep I can tell you this has cost me many birds with the jerk.

In all although I am comfortable with my Cynergy I would not advise anybody to purchase this gun.

Ron Duvall

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Let us know how it works out for you please.

13. rrose

rrose TS Member

Deb-Ohio gal
    Conratulations on your new shotgun. I think you made a good choice. I have had 3 Cynergy's in the last 2 years and have not had a problem with any of them. I have a sporter that I have shot around 5,00 rounds and it is great. The triggers on all three that I had were one of the good things about them, I like the fast lock times and mine were crisp on all thre. The others were trap combo's. I liked them very well and shot them very well for me at least. The Cynergy swings much different that the Citori and feels much different because it is. I have also had 2 xt's and one I had a custom stock made for which was nice but I liked the way the Cynergy's felt better even with out a custom stock. Don't be discouraged by negative comments, you have a fine shotgun that while it may not be as nice as a K80 Combo you also did not spend as much on it. When you get it set up so it shoots were you look you probably will be shooting better scores than you ever have and the people ragging on the gun will be upset because your scores are better than theirs. Randy Rose

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If you are happy that's all that counts. Good scores can be shot by any make or model. I feel I had to share my experience with the Cynergy.

Good shooting

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hard to pull triggers can be fixed. On competition guns, even the top of the line models sometimes have issues with tough pulling triggers! Ask Jimmy Heller about his P guns and what a time he had getting them right for him directly from the P guys themselves? Set accordingly, the Cynergy system should be on par with Perazzi for timing. Hap

16. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

I had to have the XT and the cynergy! I have a wonderful understanding wife! Both have great features I like and both have areas that could be improved. I'm talking about the guns now! I have fully adjustable graycoils on both. The biggest adjustment for me was the rattle both adjustable ribs make when I close the gun, my old bt99 didn't rattle. Have ran alot of shells through both with no problems and broke good scores with both. My son is getting started so he has confiscated the cynergy. I think for the money they are as good a value as you can find. It is handy for me if I do have a problem living in the St Louis area can drop it of at Browning and most of the time they fix it while I have lunch. Alot of good guns out there Berretta,Guerrini, and of course P & K guns are in a class of their own, but for me it's always been a Browning. Good Luck and Good Shooting to you what ever you buy.

17. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

there the same thing on the inside just about, xt is the best starter gun, which makes the resale value very strong, and count me in on reliablilty, both of mine have close to 80,000 a peice only changing firing pins and springs, but as with all brownings if something goes wrong.. arnold, missouri, browning world headquarters will fix it.

18. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Took the Cynergy to Lima this morning to "train" did 50 from the 16 yrd and 50 from the 22..(first time on 22)...got to say took it to Indiana state shoot just to get Rod to fit it for me. Shoot practice there did real good. And today I shot 20 straight...yipee...new record for me... keep in mind only 2 yrs shooting and 2nd day shooting the gun...I am pleased with it...thanks everybody for 2 cents worth. I find this a good forum to exchange info with.

Deb

19. jaybw

jaybw TS Member

I have the Cynergy Classic Trap. I love this gun! The gun patterns 100%, which is perfect for me. This is the first gun that I have picked up off the shelf and has fit me perfectly. This past weekend I broke 97 out of 100 with 1oz loads. For the money, the Cynergy is a great choice. Thumbs up. Jay

20. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I have a question for those who say they like the faster lock time of the Cynergy as compared to the XT. How in the **** do you tell the difference?

The lock time on one of these shotguns is MANY times faster than the blink of an eye. If someone can tell the difference in how long it takes from the time the hammer is disengaged from the sear until the firing pin hits the primer, then they sure are a heck of a lot more perceptive than me.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy trap

browning cynergy trap review

browning cynergy trap v
browning cynergy xt
browning synergy trap
browning xt
browning xt vs browning cynergy trap
citori xt trap opinioins