1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Unsingle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JD Jake, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

Oct 25, 2006
    For those who have owned a Browning XT unsingle, how do you (did you) like it?

2. WWB

WWB Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Got rid of mine--never could achieve any consistency with it in 3 yrs. One time smoke -- then a couple of losses. I came to the conclusion that some folks can just not shoot them--and I am one of them. Traded in back to GU for the XT top single combo and shooting it well almost instantly. Hope this helps. If you can find someone who will let you shoot theirs for 3 to 5 rds prior to I'd sure do it.
  3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Feb 10, 2008
    I traded mine for a Joel Etchens 687 combo. I liked the Beretta better. I think there guns are better fit and finish wise than the XT. I now have a Kolar Max T/A which is in a league of it's own. I started out on an unsingle so that's what I am used to. No matter what I or anybody else says on here is the bottom line the gun has to fit you.
  4. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I bought my XT combo about 2 yrs ago. I absolutly love it. Couldn't be happier. Liked it better then the Beretta combo, similar price at the time. A $13000.00 gun was out of the question. A browning is a workhorse that never quits. I bought the adj comb model and installed a Graco LOP recoil pad. Fully adjustable, can be set to fit anyone. A few nice trophies, some money and 4.5 yards since then.
  5. jdomas

jdomas Member

Mar 20, 2006
    I too love mine. Had the screws come loose a few times and found that they were just a little too long. A few passes on some emory cloth and red loctite and no more problems. Try to borrow one for a few rounds as mentioned.

I've had it over 3 years and have earned 4 yds and won my first Grand trophy.

John D.
  6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    I have had mine several years, and sold the other trap combos to keep this one. 32/34 fixed stock combo, fits me like it was made for me.

If a target is missed, it is not the gun. My favorite, best shooting Unsingle combo of all time, including some very expensive German and Italian imports.
  7. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

May 22, 2006
    I guess someone has to get a bad one,,I had two. Broke the first one, Browning replaced the entire gun, very, very promply, (I was having failure to fire problems). Second one was OK for about 2500 rounds, then it started "Failure to fire" too. After doing a few fixes, that didn't work, I sent it back to the factory (all at their expense), they did a couple replacements of springs/parts (very quickly less than 3 wks) and I shot it for about for another 3000 rounds before I sold it. I am now shooting a Perazzi top single. After the second repair, it was a good gun,,,a lot of gun for the money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

unsingle xt trapshooters