1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Unsingle Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hank55, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I'm considering purchasing a Browning XT unsingle from Guns Unlimited and other than testing one of them at the Grand, I know little about them or any problems that anyone has had with them. I'd like some feedback from anyone who has had one or knows something about their strengths or weaknesses.

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I owned an XT unsingle combo for a couple of years...........the only weakness of the unsingle barrel is the middle screws that loosen & tighten the rib after adjustment. Hard not to strip the hex head & hard to keep tight. Excellent balance & handling!

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

When you move the rib at either end you have to loosen that middle lock screw. On both of the unsingle combos I've had - I had trouble keeping that screw tight. Was always afraid of losing it.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I had one, and did not notice any weaknesses. Check the center rib screw every once in a while.

Great shooter, shot big loads in it with little recoil. Took a nine thousand dollar shotgun to replace it.

5. mitchie17

mitchie17 TS Member

Love Mine!!!

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

My wife bought one from G.U. Front rib adjuster was stripped. Took to Browning authorized service center....he kept it for 3 weeks...then had us send it to Browning. Ten weeks later it was returned...forearm all scratched...no one claimed responsibility. Browning has the WORST customer service around. That being said...she really likes the gun. Hopefully nothing else breaks.

7. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

I have a 34"XT from GU.Its got a
    blued receiver l didn't get the combo.
    Its been a fine gun.No trouble even with factory adj. comb and 12k down the tube.32" gun a little more lively.Can't wait to see a picture of a 725 in a unsingle Another nice gun Bt99AR Monsoors
    LaCrosse,Wi.

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I too, bought the unsingle only from Nick at Guns Unlimited. They were great to work with and it has been a great gun for me. Once I got the POI set on the rib, I used blue Loctite on the mid point screw. I didn't have any trouble with it before the Loctite or after. I have had mine for about 2 years. I wish I would have bought the combo. BTW, mine is the LH model with the mc stock and 32" bbl.
    Doug Allison
    img_4268.jpg

9. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I have had my combo for about 5yrs. GREAT gun for the $. The problem with the middle rib screws is an easy fix. Being a highly trained and very experienced tool and die maker, I spotted it from a mile away. The rest of you, maybe not so easy to see. Never fear, I am here. The two screws are actually a wee bit too long, and bump into each other.( at least mine did)The damn things would always loosen up. You have two choices. Add a small washer to each side, or CAREFULLY dust a little bit of length off of each screw. Good luck.

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

Center screw loosening has been fixed for a while now. Make sure you loosen center screw before adjusting rib. I have unsingle not combo and is a very good gun for the dollar. Really like it and the rib adjustability is really unique to maintain a fiqure 8 bead look.

11. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I probly should not post,,,but,,,I had a combo, it broke, factory sent a new one,,,that one started "acting up", factory fixed (no charge), sold it at about 3k after repair. Factory service was pretty quick, about 3 weeks total for both guns. Now the postive,,I have a friend (Junior) has had his for about 4-5 years, NO PROBLEM, and it shot him to the National Champship, says he LOVES it. Buy it, shoot it, watch the screws as previously noted,,the pad/comb adjustment less than should be, have it replsced with adaptor (about
    $100.00). Enjoy it.

Norman

12. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I just bought a used one and the rib adjustment screws are all boogered up.

Where do I get replacements?

Thanks

13. thunder

thunder Active Member

Call browning parts. They will get them to you within a week, whoever had the gun used the incorrect Allen wrench on them or really changed the setting a lot.

14. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I had the unsingle. Had to have the comb 3/16 to the right
    to line up the beads. I also had trouble with the middle
    screw. Got a TM-X instead.

Search tags for this page

browning 725 unsingle rib repair

browning xt unsingle barrel adjustments

screws for rib on browning unsingle