1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT unsingle combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Jan 5, 2006
    How do those of you that are shooting the Browning unsingle combo, like them?
  2. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Charger . . . I have owned a Browning XT Combo for the last three years and really like this shotgun. I have had no issues with the quality or workmanship.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Two things come to mind when I owned mine.
    #1 there factory adjustable comb hardware is junk and I would not buy a gun with it. Buy the gun without an adjustable comb and have someone who knows what there doing install one.
    #2 the Browning factory support is nothing but horrid to say the least. If for some reason you have to send your gun back for repair it is gone 6 to 12 months.
    Other than these two things they are not a bad gun.
    good luck with your choice.
  4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I bought one used for my son last year. It was shot, but not abused.

He has put nearly 15,000 rounds through it this year.

We had the comb come loose once. (Did not check it for months.)

Now we put spacers under the comb and check to be sure it is tight every couple weeks and have had no issues.

If I were to buy one new, I would buy the Monte Carlo and send it to Tom Larkin for an adjustable comb.

Have not needed service, gun has been very stable so cannot comment on Browning Service.

Gun was too "whippy" on the nose so we put 8oz of No. 8s into the unsingle and filled it with foam and it balanced out perfect.

5. philk

philk Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Goshen, IN
    Don`t pass up a deal on the factory adj. comb gun if you find one. If you don`t like the factory hardware just have one of the stock guys change the hardware for better stuff.
  6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Mar 29, 2006
    I've had 2 or 3 factory adj. combs and shoot with several people who have them and have never seen a problem? I'll be the first to admit they look like a Rube Goldberg affair but no complaints from me?????
  7. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I bought one new at the Grand three years ago. The first year all the hardware kept coming lose at the wood screws. I took it back to Browning the next year and they completly went thru it and no problems since then. After 30,000 rounds the ejector came out and had to have that fixed. But i still belive it is the best gun for the money, I have shot this gun from the 20 yd to the 27 yd and back to the 26 yd,.

Matt Colman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.