1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Un-Sinngle Do you Like it

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How many of you are shooting the Browning Un-Single w/ adj rib and comb, how do you like them, what do you dis-like about them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. 34model12

34model12 Member

I changed from shooting a model 12 to a Browning XT Combo set. I always thought the combo set idea was the best way for a trap shooter to go!! I don't shoot doubles only occasionally so I really don't use the o/u barrel. I always shoot the unsingle barrel and I do really like it!! It's taken me two full years of shooting to get back to shooting as well as I was with the M12 and I've earned two yards in the process. I'm More of a game shooter than a registered bird shooter. A person never really knows if they did the right thing when they change guns, I think I did? Tom B.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

They are not a bad entry level gun. The best way to buy one is buy it without an adjustable comb and have your own installed. There factory comb hardware is garbage to say the least and I am sure you have Herd that there customer service plain and simple sucks. Other than that, not bad.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Gary, I bought mine just under a year ago. I love it. I got the LH MC stock. It fits me well and after having some back trouble I appreciate feeling less recoil. I set the adj rib to what looked good to me and it shoots about 80/20. The only negative for me was that the locking nut in the middle of the rib always came loose. I gave it a shot of loctite and it has not moved since. I didn't buy the combo, just the unsingle.
    Doug Allison

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Gary, I bought a new unsingle combo this summer - haven't shot the over under bbl at all and haven't had too much success with the unsingle. I'm moving from a BT99 to the higer rib and I'm having problems with it. Put me in a slump for sure. Needs a lot of work on the pattern board and those mid rib locking screws do come loose - definitely have to loctited but can't do that until it's shooting where I'm looking, or I'm looking where it's shooting.

You shooting any through the winter?

Rich

6. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

I have the 34' ajustable comb blued one.I never have had any problem with the
    the comb hardware.I love the gun and its looks.I like the K&P& Lutics but Dont
    have that kind of funds.XT's seem to shoot a long,long time.I use IM choke to
    the 23 then the full Diana (Briley) choke.It will easily break birds from the fence .Got it from GU, Omaha,Neb.
    Ive got 8-9 K down the tube time to take the stock off,but dont see any slits
    in the pad to get it off to clean the reciever fireing pins.Anybody ?? Thanx
    Took Harlans class,money well spent,hes the honey badger of trapshooting for
    Sure !!
    Snowing here a little today in southern Wisc. Shoot straight,my friends..............

7. deadnout

deadnout Member

i bought a xt trap combo unsingle in jan 012. i got 3000 through the single and 1500 through the o/u i had the adjustable comb installed and it has gracoil hardware. then a jones adjustable butt plate and kickezz pad install. when i started shooting it when it was new and stock it was hit or miss. got the changes done to the stock and now its consistant 23 s. more practice and it will get better. it has 34" unsingle and 32" o/u. the o/u works great for sporting clays and doubles.

8. greta500

greta500 Member

After shooting Brownings for over 40 years, I bought an unsingle combo.

I find the o/u to be very heavy, but of course I am 40 years older!!!!!!

But I have discussed this with other shooters who agree with me.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Greta Cesario

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

My gun didn't have enough cast-off. I had the comb way over which
    I don't care for. Never shot it very well and sold it off. The
    shooter I sold it to had the stock crack near the receiver. He
    sent it back to Browning but they would not warranty it because
    a release trigger had been installed. I don't understand that
    but Browning customer service doesn't give their customers
    much slack.

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

I have been playing with a XT unsingle, put a PFS on it and its shoots great. Ran 25's with it at 16's and 24's with it at the 24 yard line. Really like the sight picture that can be achieved with their adjustable rib system. The trigger on this is crisp and right at 4#'s. XT unsingle is not a heavy gun. Great bang for the buck.

If you decide on one, I would get without adjustable comb as I hate the comb adjustment on the Browning, better off getting someone to cut it and get decent hardware for comb adjustment.

11. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Here are some pics of mine.
    Doug Allison
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 725 unsingle