1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RRA, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRA

RRA TS Member

I have put a little over 4000 rounds through a Browning XT. While shooting tonight it seemed like the trigger was sticking a little. I have never cleaned the trigger assembly and I do not know if this is even possible.

Is it possible to stick a little? How would I clean it? Is this common? Or am I dreaming this whole thing up?

2. racer

racer TS Member

Could need to be cleaned. You take the stock off, the firing pins etc will be visable. I only clean this area with Rem oil and have had good luck over the past 7 yrs. No new pins,springs,etc... Dan

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

No, you're not dreaming. It definitly needs a good cleaning. This is done by removing the stock from the receiver. This exposes the trigger and firring pins. Use a little Gunscrubber or brake clean on the action and let dry. Don't get any of the cleaner on your wood! I generally lube my Beretta's with a graphite lube spray.

Reassemble the gun and you'll be ready to go. I generally pull the stocks about twice a year or if I've been shooting in the rain.

ss

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I do the same thing as SS except I use Brake-free CLP to lubricate the receiver assembly. After spraying the brake-free on I use a air compressor with the air regulated down to blow away the excess oil.

Bill

5. RRA

RRA TS Member

I ended up taking my XT and my daughter's BT99 to a gunsmith (Karl McKnight) in the Salt Lake City area. He tore them both apart and said that the XT needed lubrication and was otherwise a little dirty. My daughter's BT99 was in need of a good trigger assembly cleaning. I also had a "Trap Dude" recoil pad put on her BT 99.

We went to the gun club last night and shot a few rounds. There was a noticeable improvemt in the consitency of the shots. The XT trigger did not "stick" and functioned flawlessly. Be it luck or improvement, we both walked away with at least one 25 straight.

I was not aware of the importance of having the trigger assemblies cleaned and properly lubricated for consistant target breaking. One more thing to make a mental note of...

Rod

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

RRA,

Guns are like anything else mechanical. A little preventative maintience goes a long way.

BTW, good shooting on the two straights. Some nights, I'd give my left arm just to have a straight house.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt trigger