1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Trigger Question????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by VAMiket, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I have a Browning XT O/U and want the triggers worked on, lightened, smoothed out and creep removed. Which gunsmiths are doing a good job on these triggers?

Thanks!

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Kolar hands down.

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

Spears is who most recomend. I just got mine back from him and my trigger is now wonderful.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, some people claim that light trigger pulls contribute to an eventual flinching problem. I believe that is true, although I have no way of proving it. Of course, not everyone with a light trigger pull is going to end up flinching, but I found that my flinching problem was made worse by light, crisp triggers.

You probably came from a rifle/pistol background where light/crisp triggers are desirable. Shotgun shooting is different. I would say that if your gun has a trigger pull of around 5 to 5 1/2 pounds and only a slight amount of creep, just leave it alone. If it's a 7 pound pull (or greater), get it worked on.

Easystreet

5. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I have an XT with a horrible trigger. All kinds of slack and a heavy pull which messed with my head as most all my rifles have a three lbs pull and my 99 has a 4 lb pull. Sent it to Doug Braker (the gun doctor) to take out some of the slack and lighten up the trigger. Had to remember to take up the slack befor I called for a bird and if I didn't remember it messed me up. You can say what you want but a lousey trigger is a lousey trigger. Get it fixed
    Dan

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

99% of people who shoot the back of the trap house, practice poor gun safty. finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. I bet if you filmed the shooters who hit the back of the house have their fingers on the trigger through out their mounting set up. Same with release trigger guys. See them set the trigger before they even raise the gun. A poor trigger is a poor trigger. Im a trigger yanker with the shot gun more than a puller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.