1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Trap question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull_It, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Pull_It

Pull_It TS Member

I need some advice from more experienced shooters. I'm considering buying a used Browning XT Trap. The shotgun has an adjustable buttpad but does not have an adjustable comb. How hard is it to modify the shotgun to add an adjustable comb. Am I better off looking for a shotgun with a comb and adjustable buttpad.

Thanks for any advice.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Not hard at all for a stock guy. Usually about $250 to cut a comb and will in most cases have far better hardware than the stuff that comes in a factory cut comb.

3. Bang Bang

Bang Bang Member

Karl McKnight out of UT did two for me I believe they were about $150 each. He does good work.

4. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

Have three XT's (new stock, custom left hand Wenig wood,& unsingle combo). Buy without the comb and have a stock guy add one. The factory hardware is a pita especially with an adjustable buttpad.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Adj. Comb costs are $125.00 to $250.00 anything more is a rip off. This includes a soft top comb. On a std stocked gun. Or as in Original Stock.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot