1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Single Barrel Availability?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by panheadsully, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panheadsully

panheadsully TS Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I have a Browning XT with Over Under Barrels. I was wondering if you can buy a Single Barrel for it?

Is an unsingle barrel better then a single top?

Does the Receiver need to be machined in order for a single barrel to work?

Any suggestions would be great.
  2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Browning does not sell barrels, but sometimes you can find one here in the classified or places like Midwest Gunworks, Gun Broker or Guns America. You don't fit (machine) the receiver you fit the barrel to the receiver. Unsingle/topsingle...its a personal preference.

With the cost of any barrel you MAY find, the cost to fit it and the relatively low price of Brownings it might be cheaper to just buy a single barrel gun or sell your XT and buy a Combo.
  3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Mr. Pan,
    For what it's worth I was trying to sell a combo a while back and had 3 different people offer me $1200 for the top single when I didn't want to sell it separately. Then "of course" when I decided that I would break up the set they were nowhere to be found. LOL Having said that during that time period I tried my single on 4 or 5 other XT's and it fit like a glove, however the forearm on the combo is a little longer than a standard XT so some of the blue wear issues may show. Good luck and have fun. Jim W
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.