1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT rounds through

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chadshot, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

If a Browning XT has 15000 rounds through it, is that a lot and how many rounds before needing work?

Chad

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Call Dean at Skeet's Gun Shop in Talequah, Oklahoma. The number is available on the internet. Dean will be better able to tell you what you want to know. Martinpicker

3. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Jim Porter has over 80,000 thur his, pretty sure that is what he said

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

If your lever is centered or right of center, and the gun does not unlock when firing, you are probably good to go. At some point it may be a good idea to remove the stock and clean the internal parts. If you start having the occasional failure to fire, you might need to remove carbon from the firing pin channels, or maybe even replace the firing pins. On the Citori, the problem usually shows up in the lower barrel first.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

15000 rounds on a XT is nothing. I had over 90,000 when I sold my XT and all it needed was a good cleaning and a set of firring pins.

6. jdomas

jdomas Member

I've got around 50,000 through mine with no problems. I do have Browning due annual maintenance on it each year at the Grand.

7. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

My son put over 50,00 rounds through his XT Combo. We had new firing pins and springs put in at Sparta and off it went again. Lever was getting over towards center, I'm sure a little TLC from a good gunsmith would have gotten 50,000 more.

SW

8. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

15000 rounds is nothing like others here have said. When you get around 40-50,000 shells you might want to consider replacing the firing pins and springs, but YMMV. Now I have been told that a Citori will go about 125-150,000 before it needs any action tightening, but again I have no experence with that figure.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Suggest that after 15000 rounds you have the action cleaned and the hammer axles (pins) replaced (if you have 15K through each barrel). If one breaks at the threads (and I've had it happen...was brittle maybe?), the threaded part that remains stuck in the receiver block will be difficult/impossible to remove so a new pin can be fitted. My receiver was cracked because of the pin break. It's a rare occurrence but that's no comfort if it happens to YOUR gun.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.