1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooter100, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooter100

Shooter100 TS Member

With my Browning XT when I use the snap caps to release the triggers. The only way to put the gun back together the next time is to remove the stock and reset the triggers, Then when I push the latch lever to the right the steem at the bottom of the recever will lift up and the barrels can be put in. Any one else haveing this problem.

Shooter

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

Lets see,...when I put my XT together, I push the lever to the right and put the bbls. and forearm on, then when I open the gun, I hear the triggers set.

When you take it down, is the lever in the center?

Wayne

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Have someone familiar with the Browning show you how to assemble it. Hold the lever to the right, and assemble the arm.

4. Shooter100

Shooter100 TS Member

Wayne

No. If I release the triggers and it goes to the center that is when I have to take the gun apart to reset the triggers before the barrles will go back in.

Shooter

5. beaker100

beaker100 Member

shooter, the cocking lever lifter on the bottom of the barrel is spring loaded and not traveling completely forward (to the muzzel direction) allowing the cocking lever lifter to pass the cocking lever on assembly of the barrels to the reciever.

take some oil and spray the cocking lever lifter and use a punch or other object to work the cocking lever lifter forward and back untill it is working freely under the spring pressure.

using gun scrubber, brake cleaner, carb cleaner or simular solvents leaves the gun very dry with little to no lubrication. if you feel you must use these products spray oil on the gun very liberally after using the above mentioned solvents. your gun needs good petrolium oil to work properly.

sometimes the cocking lever lifter is just sticky from the factory and will not slide clear forward even if gun scrubber or simular products are not used. just spray it good with oil and work it back and forth and it will probly start traveling to the complete forward position. a few times i have had to disassemble the cocking lever lifter from the bbl and polish the parts to get free movement.

call if you have any questions thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905

6. Shooter100

Shooter100 TS Member

Doug Hubbart

Thanks for all your advice. I am thinking you are right on with your answer.
    The problem seemed to go away then it would come back. Lateley it just stayed on forever. I was hopeing someone here would have the answer. Thanks again for you help

Shooter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

problems with browning xt