1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT gunsmith rebuilder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chemist, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemist

chemist Member

I am trying to find the name of the gunsmith that is known for his work on rebuilding a Browning O/U shotgun. I think it was Andy? and in the midwest? Tried a search of old threads but that did not work. Heard too many conflicting opinions of Browning factory and their extended repair period. The top lever is approaching middle position and I would like to have it rebuilt before any serious issues occur. Would like to use someone with a positive reputation.

Any info greatly appreciated by PM or reply to the thread.

Rich K - chemist

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Dean Harris, At Skeet's Gun Shop Has Done A LOT Of Work For me on Browning's & Beretta's. His Prices are great and work is TOP NOTCH. Located in Talhquah, Oklahoma Phone # 918-456-4749 Joe Whitehurst

3. high 2

high 2 Member

Joe, it`s Tahlequah. I was born and raised there. And yes, Skeet`s is the place. I shot my first registered trap targets there, about 1978. Larry

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Larry, My spelling SUCKS But, Dean Does Good Work I Am Sure You Will Agree. As Much Stuff As I Send Dean You would Think I Could remember how To Spell Tahlequah. Regards Joe W.

5. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Try Art Isaacson in Missouri. He does very good work and Brownings are his thing. His number is 636-944-3630.

6. chemist

chemist Member

thanks for the quick help- Art was the shop that I was thinking about- appreciate the responses and will use the two referrals .

Had the first letter correct and midwest- CRS is a terrible affliction.

rich k- chemist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning o u shotgun rebuilding

browning xt rebuild