1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Golden Clays UnSingle Barrel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by daptrap, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daptrap

daptrap Member

I write this with frustration and that maybe someone may add clarity as to; why that I(and many others) who own a Browning XT or XT Golden Clays O/U CANNOT purchase the unsingle barrel for that gun from Browning? No, I do not want to purchase the combo set, I already own 1/2 of the combo. I just want the darn unsingle barrel.That would be no different than telling someone they MUST purchase 4 tires when you need only 1. Brownings' answer to me was vague and ambiguous. There are not many other shotguns,that I am aware, in which one cannot purchase an addition barrel. If I indeed owned the combo set and somehow damaged my unsingle,would I not be able to purchase a replacement barrel? What am I missing here? Thanks

2. pakk

pakk Member

I don't have an answer for you, but this is why I'm looking at Beretta's. This is the one and only reason I'm not even considering a browning for my next gun.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You can purchase a REPLACEMENT barrel from Browning, but its a "one in one out" proposition. You turn in your broken one, and you can purchase a new one.

I would say the real story is there simply isn't enough demand to justify they inventorying barrels by themselves.

And even if they did, would you be willing to spend $1k to $1500 for a barrel for a $2500 gun?

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I too, have encountered this. I wanted an unsingle barrel for my XT, but instead had to buy another gun. Trust me, it wasn't another Browning. I too, am or was a loyal Browning owner, owning 40+ of their guns. But I found this rediculous. They certainly soured me. This opened my eyes. How hard would it be to get a couple dozen extra barrels in their next shipment from Japan? After my attempts to purchase an unsingle barrel, I have since purchased Berettas and Perazzis where you can purchase other barrels, ect. I believe the other manufacturers to be more "shooter friendly" or have a better understanding the needs of trapshooters. I, for one, consider their practices and policies in this matter asinine. I am open to correction if I am wrong. From what I see, they want to sell another gun instead of accommodating their current customers/shooters. Now don't get me wrong, I might still buy another Browning, but I won't do so blindly out of product loyalty.

5. pakk

pakk Member

I would happily purchase an Un-single barrel for my browning at $1000 - $1500. That is much better than the 3k I'm looking to spend on a used Beretta.

6. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

pakk,

Contact Mike Battista on this forum, he has great prices and can hook you up with just about any Beretta.

Oscar

7. daptrap

daptrap Member

@ skeet_man, I appreciate your answer but the Citori XT Golden Clays is quite a bit more than $2500 but the cost of a gun is not the real issue here. The problem lies with Browning's All or None" policy. This is not "shooter friendly" nor is it meeting the demands or wants of the trap shooter who owns a Browning Citori. Browning is not,by any stretch, a "new comer" on the trap field and should realize and understand.

Given the opportunity, I would love to increase my field of view by eliminating the top barrel. I am not asking Browning to re-invent the wheel here. I just cannot understand or agree with the logic or lack therof?

8. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I completely agree with daptrap. Browning is far from a newcommer to shooting and should be, IMHO, more attuned to the needs of shooters. Again, MHO.

9. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I am with you guys on this one. I purchased my XT Golden Clays for around $3,900.00. By the time I was done with Washington State sales tax, and four flats of ammo. I was out the door for right at $4,500.00. I was just getting started in Trapshooting at the time. I too after a year of shooting and learning wanted to buy an unsingle barrel for my XT. I would of gladly paid $2,000.00 for an unsingle barrel.I have been a Browning fan for years, I hav eno idea how many Brownings I have owned over the years.I still have my XT, but I bought me a Blaser F3 combo this January. If Browning would of sold me an unsigle barrel, I would be shooting my XT today instead of it sitting in the gun case.

Jim Bradbury

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

We should be aware Browning barrels are not always interchangeable. Brownings seem to require more hand fitting at the factory and are not a Krieghoff in terms of switching barrels!!

11. daptrap

daptrap Member

Think about this; Brownings are not seen in the winners circle nearly as much as other brands. Now, if you think of the vast amount of XT trap owner/shooters out there and then give them the the ability to have all the advantages of the unsingle vs O/U, it would not take long that maybe, just maybe, we would see a lot more Brownings "takin' home the bacon". Just sayin'...

12. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

I think it may have something to do with the exclusive Guns Unlimited has on the XT combo. Maybe you would have better luck trying to get one from them. I still would bet not though. Good luck.

13. pakk

pakk Member

Thought it's not a very common gun. Browning does have a cynergy combo. Still, barrels are not available. Barrels are not available for the several other Browning shotguns. It's not Guns Unlimited. It is Browning.

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The XT combo unsingle I had would fit on one XT receiver but NOT on 3 others.

Gun Unlimited has the exclusive rights to the XT combo. Go the Browning's website and see for yourself!! The XT unsingle is sold by Browning.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Buy the gun from Guns Unlimited and be done with it.

Folks used to bitch about "lack of hand fitting", and now they are bitching about "extensive hand fitting".

I like Brownings, period. If and when I buy another tournament shotgun, it will be a Browning Citori-type. They fit me better than anything out there.

16. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Well, this is an interesting thread. I too have a Browning XT Trap Golden Clays edition with the factory Gracoil pad. A call to Browning was met with bad news.... "We do not sell just barrels. Each barrel / receiver may need to be fitted and that would just be too much work for our shop"

So then I went to Guns Unlimited.... "Sorry we just do not sell single unsingle barrel sets, and they could require hand fitting".

So.... I called Joel Etchen.... They validated the above and suggested their Beretta Silver Pigeon II unsingle... A very nice gun BTW.

I just wish someone would build Unsingle barrels for the XT Trap.

17. daptrap

daptrap Member

This is very unsettling because I DO love my Browning but I would very much like to eliminate "throwing" 2 barrels around all day...gets pretty tiring about mid way through a shoot.

Lets face it, as we get older and/or wiser, anything that could make the game just a little easier it always greatly appreciated and welcomed but I guess Browning does not see it that way. What a shame!

18. pakk

pakk Member

Doesn't the un single and o/u barrels weight the same? Or were you not referring to the weight when you said tiring?

19. daptrap

daptrap Member

I think the weight is relatively close but the weight distribution of the O/U is more "weight forward" of center. Being somewhat "vertically challenged" (5'6"), the forward weight does not work as well with me as it may for a shooter that is taller.

20. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't like about Browning is there customer service sucks, to say the least. If you have a warranty problem you may as well figure your gun gone for at least 6 months. Nothing like missing out on a whole trap season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori combo set

browning golden clays unsingle

browning xt combo for sale

browning xt trap golden clays
browning xt unsingle

browning xt unsingle barrel for sale

browning xt unsingle combo for sale

unsingle barrel for browning xt