1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning xt combo or beretta 682 combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coho, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

i'm looking for an new gun and have narrowed it down to one of these. which one would you buy and why.

2. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

That is one tough choice, Coho. Both are great shooters. I would choose the one I am most comfortable with.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

coho I will give you my opinion for what it is worth and there are those here that might say it is not worth very much.

I have owned both Brownings (not XT's but Brownings none the less. I have also owned Berettas and I still own both.

For my money the Beretta is the better bet I have had to have repairs made to brownings and had trouble finding someone competent to do the repairs right on the first try. I made the mistake of sending a Browning back to the factory for repairs. Huge mistake it took longer than having a baby.

I have had repairs made on my Beretta one with the factory which took longer than I like and with Cole's in Maine he did a total rebuild of the receiver that took two weeks door to door.

Over all I have had less trouble with my Berettas than my Brownings.

Remember these are my opinions only.

Bob Lawless

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

First, if at all possible, try them both, and go with the one that is most comfortable for you and which "feels" best. Personnally, I went with the Beretta as, for me, that worked the best. I also personnally feel the quality of the Beretta is better. That is just my opinion. I had the chance to try both at Sparta a couple of years ago, and went with Joel Etchens hybrid 687 Combo as both a best buy, and the best of the pair. But the Browning is fine gun also, but I just found the Beretta to feel better, have less perceived or felt recoil, and overall felt it was made and finished better. More eye appeal to me also.

Jim R

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Beretta!!

Curt

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Beretta!!

tony

7. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Beretta!

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Another Beretta!

I've had both - a Citori Plus combo back in the early 90s and I now shoot one of Joel Etchen's hybrid Beretta 687s. I don't think the Browning is any less well fitted but in my opinion and that of almost every shooter who tried it, even the guy who bought it from me because it was a rare unported Browning, it felt like a club. My 687 feels "alive" in my hands by comparison and several people who have shot it have purchased their own.

Ed

9. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Joel Etchen's hybrid 687. I have had mine since last Sept and love the gun,as Ed says it feels alive in my hands. As others have said it really matters which gun fits you, I tried both the Browning and Beretta and the Beretta was a much better fit for me.

10. ink ball

ink ball Member

I've owned both the Browning XT unsingle combo and the Beretta 682 unsingle combo. Feature wise, I liked the Beretta. The unsingle rib on the Beretta is more robust than the Browning, which felt kind of flimsy. No way to "lock" the rib in place with the Browning (a set screw in the adjustment wheel would be nice). On the Beretta, you had to loosen four fasteners, as I recall, to move the rib. It wasn't going to move by accident! Quality wise, however, I have to give the nod to the Browning. This was the 2nd Beretta O/U target gun that I've owned, and both had barrel regulation issues. Bad luck? Probably, but 0 for 2 on Beretta's has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I've owned a bunch of Browning O/U, and none of them had barrel regulation problems.

The Browning was a very soft shooter for me, while the Beretta had a LOT of felt recoil. You MAY NOT be able to tell which one fits you better by simply handling them in the gun store. That Beretta really felt great to me in the gun store, but had I shot one prior to buying it, I would have said "no thanks". Make every effort to find examples of both to shoot before making a purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.