1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XT Bead Replacement

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

I'd like to replace the HiViz type front bead on an XT with a standard bead. Does anyone know what the thread size is?

Thanks

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

3. wlc

wlc Member

Thank you.

4. ship

ship TS Member

The mid bead snapped off below the rib on my XT. Any thoughts on how to remove the remaining and where to get a replacement?

Thanks

5. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

The mid bead is pressed in. I have used a small drill bit with my fingers. Twist the drill bit into the opening and move it back and forth until you feel it catch on the remaining material, then gently pull it out. I have purchased the beads (both front and mid) from Browning and Midwayusa.com. If you purchase from browning go to their website and download/print an order form. The part numbers and prices are on another document that you can also download from their site. Enclose a check and mail in the form to Browning - the turnaround time was less than 10 days.

6. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Got mine from Brownells.Now that I got the center bead out;what is the best way to install the new one?Thanks.

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The collar around the center bead is easily removed. Select a drill that is slightly larger than the i.d. of the collar and start drilling it out. When the drill bites into the collar it will twist it out.

Now installing a new bead and collar (available from Brownells) is a bit more difficult. You need a tool that goes around the bead and pushes on the collar. The bead and collar are then driven in with light blows from a small hammer. Brownells may have a tool for this.

Jim Skeel

8. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

I just held it with needlenose pliers and started it into the hole, followed up with a few really light taps with a small punch. If it doesn't feel very snug in the rib, you may want to use a little epoxy when you install it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori front sight bead size

browning xt trap change front sight

browning xt trap mid bead

citori xt trap mid bead missing

front sight for browning xt trap

how to mount browning citori front site post

how to remove pressed in center bead browning

how to replace a broken mid bead on a browning 725 citori