Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browning XT Bead Replacement

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  OK_Shooter 
#1 ·
I'd like to replace the HiViz type front bead on an XT with a standard bead. Does anyone know what the thread size is?

Thanks

#5 ·
The mid bead is pressed in. I have used a small drill bit with my fingers. Twist the drill bit into the opening and move it back and forth until you feel it catch on the remaining material, then gently pull it out. I have purchased the beads (both front and mid) from Browning and Midwayusa.com. If you purchase from browning go to their website and download/print an order form. The part numbers and prices are on another document that you can also download from their site. Enclose a check and mail in the form to Browning - the turnaround time was less than 10 days.

#7 ·
The collar around the center bead is easily removed. Select a drill that is slightly larger than the i.d. of the collar and start drilling it out. When the drill bites into the collar it will twist it out.

Now installing a new bead and collar (available from Brownells) is a bit more difficult. You need a tool that goes around the bead and pushes on the collar. The bead and collar are then driven in with light blows from a small hammer. Brownells may have a tool for this.

Jim Skeel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.