1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XS/XT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I shot with a guy on Friday who had a Browning XT Trap Combo. At my club, there is a Browning XS Skeet for sale with Briley ultralite subgauge tubes and 28" barrels.

Got to thinking, what's the difference in receivers between XS and XT? Could I buy the XS, shoot the gun for skeet, get a set of O/U trap barrels fitted and shoot those for trap? The XS Skeet has parallel comb. Might even find a single barrel for singles and caps. Heck, so far I haven't even shot doubles, so the 28" barrels might do me for a while.

Maybe it's not cheaper than buying two guns, after all that barrel swapping?

Danny

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

the difference b/w the XS Skeet and XT Trap is the XT is setup to shoot high, to compensate for rising targets, while the XS will most likely shoot dead on for both barrels. While you can certainly shoot both games with one or the other, each game really needs its own gun setup for that game.

Unless you find someone whos willing to break up a combo, your not going to find a set of barrels for either gun, browning simply does not sell barrels individually.

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I agree with skeet man on finding barrels for either gun. I have a XT and a XS. I tried to go down that road. I searched for a year for barrels. I finally had Simmons to put a rib to my specs on the XS.

My experience in how they shoot differs. I feel the XS shoots very high because the rib is high in the back and low at the end of the barrels. So shooting skeet with the XS you have to shoot way under the target or float the target high to bust it. The XT is also high in the back but not nearly as low at the end. If you compare the barrels side by side you will see. My XS skeet has the same rib as my Browning Citori trap gun that was made in 1975. Its all in how you like to see the target, above the barrels or the bead touching the target to break them.

Please I am not saying skeet man is incorrect. It is my own experience and my take of how the guns shoot.

WesleyB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning ot compare to xs special

compare the browing xt and xs