1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XS Special??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

A friend at the club is looking at a new Browning XS Special, adjustable comb, 30" Hi-post rib. Indiana Gun Club wants $3000 for it. They also have new Browning 30" adjustable comb XT Traps for $2500. Both guns are grade 1. What makes the XS worth $500.00 more than an XT? Thanks, Wayne

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

It looks like it's balanced better and it just looks good....I held a 32" XT Golden Clays and it was a club...

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Nothing... amost the same gun

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The wood is a lot different, the XT is a trap gun and is heavier. The XS high rib is the skeet gun with a higher rib, it would make a nice all games gun but doesn't shoot as high as the XT out of the box. The XS has nice oil finished wood and comes with Midas chokes which is why I think it is more expensive.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Joel Etchen Guns has the XS Browning for $2830 on the web site. If you call for the special price I think it was $2495

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

1X TTT.

Thanks again, Wayne

7. bubba68

bubba68 Member

I have an XS Special 30", adjustable comb, excellent condition I will sell for $2,250. Just PM me if interested.

To answer your question: not sure, but you may want to look at the drop in the comb when comparing the XT and XS. I happen to like the finish on the XS versus the XT.

8. nchronis

nchronis TS Member

I own an XT 32" trap gun and a 32" XS Special and really like both of them. I use the XS for skeet and sporting clays, and the XT almost exclusively for trap. The guns are very similar, and had I purchased it first, probably would not have bought the XT, since the XS would work for all 3 sports. However, it is nice to have both, and because they are similar it is easy to switch between them with little change in technique.

9. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I think you all need to do some shopping on the internet, all of those prices are way high.

I bought my Citori XT 30" Non Adjustable stock new from Smileys Sports Shop (internet) and paid $1950+$30 to ship, last xmas. same gun same price now.

Citori XS Special with adjustable comb, w/ either 30" or 32" bbls $2340.

Look around before you buy, you can always find a better deal. I'm sorry if this offends some but reality is what it is.

http://www.smileyssportsshop.com/browning.html

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning xs

browning xs special

browning xs special review

using the browning xs special to shoot ducks-videos u tube
xs special browning
xs special for trap