1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XS Skeet extra barrels question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kgb, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgb

kgb Member

A local shooter has found his 20ga Browning XS Skeet to shoot exactly where he looks (yep, another holy grail of shotgunning is found) and would like to have a set of .410 barrels put on that frame. Of course, he's got a favorite 28ga gun so that event is covered, but he'd like to shoot .410 with his XS. Does anyone have familiarity with that option, or better yet actual experience?

Kirk

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Finding a set of barrels and having them properly fitted can be an expensive process. It can be done, but cost wise it is almost easier to buy a whole gun and see if you are lucky enough to have the barrels fit the receiver you want. I have an XS Skeet 20, and the barrels from my 28 ga Skeet fit as do the barrels from my .410 Lightning. Just lucky I guess.

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Why not have a set of Briley or Kolar .410 TUBES installed?? The tubes would add some ounces to the gun but it may be cheaper than having barrels fitted.

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

If it were me I would simply buy a set of Seminole Chambermates or the equivalent to fit the 28ga gun.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Your 20 ga, tubed with 410 Brileys, will spoil you and is a lot cheaper than any type of good gun.

The Briley tubes will outperform ANY 410 shotgun with stock barrels. Also, if you want to hunt with the little gun, Briley will set the tubes up with a 3" chamber.

I had one, until I was talked out of it. What a performer! The 3" shell, with 7 1/2's and IMOD chokes, would BOIL a 16 yard trap bird.

6. kgb

kgb Member

I figured it would be rather pricey. Thanks for the alternative suggestions, I've gone over them myself with him but this guy is 80 years old and knows what he wants. You can probably figure the odds of making him change his mind :)

Kirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.