1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning XS forend assembly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a Browning XS and noted the inside of the forend does not have coating. I was concerned that if I got caught in the rain that the wood would swell. I was able to get the forend iron off by removing the two screws but when I took the other screw out I was unable to get the forend latch iron out. I did not want to damage the iron of wood trying top force something that did not need " the force". Suggestions please.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Use a punch from the inside of the forend to gently tap the latch out, first near one screw hole, then near the other. There are no hidden screws. The latch is just a very tight fit. Alternatively, leave it in place since it is only the inside of the forend you are sealing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.