1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning white lightning or winchester select 101?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I am going to buy a new O/U this week to use for sporting clays and upland game hunting. I have found a like new citori white lightning and a NIB Winchester Select 101 Limited. Which one would you choose? Either gun will have to be shipped to me and I don't have the option of holding one to see which one fits the best. Both are in my price range. I have a XT combo for trap that I love but I really like the looks of 101. I would appreciate your opinions of both. Thanks Huntinandhotrods

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

Winchester 101, if it is Belgium made. The Citori has the alloy receiver which makes it lighter. The 101 would be better quality in my opinion.

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Well-Known Member

I have the 101 select and love it. I use it for N. Dak pheasants, sporting clays and occasional skeet. Very nice handling smooth swinging shotgun.

4. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

5. 500sks

500sks Member

The Browning does not have a alloy receiver. Only Browning Feathers have alloy receivers. Both are good guns but if you decide to sell the Browning will be easier to sell.

6. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Winchester 101 Select For Sure. I Think Browning Are great EXCEPT, As the thread Above Says The White lightning is ALLOY--- The 101 Select should be built By FN in Belgium And Are Great Guns And they use the Invecter Plus choke tubes also. JMO joe90t

7. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I own an XT Browning trap and a Winchester Select Energy trap made in Belgium. In my opinion both guns are very well built and I feel the Winchester is the most under-rated trap gun on the market. It has a wider rib than the Browning and more drop at the heel. Browning probably has better resale value. ...All said, if I were going to keep the gun forever and the Winchester was even $20 cheaper, I would buy the 101. Jack

8. 500sks

500sks Member

Supporting info that a White Lighting is not alloy.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=008B&cid=013&tid=462&bg=x

Citori White Lightning
    Receiver - Steel • Silver nitride finish • High-relief engraving
    Barrel - Ventilated rib
    Action - Single selective trigger • Hammer ejectors • Top-tang barrel selector/safety
    Stock - Gloss oil finish Grade II/III walnut • Lightning-style stock and forearm
    Features - Vector Pro™ lengthened forcing cones on 12 and 20 • Three Invector-Plus™ choke tubes on 12 and 20 • Three Standard Invector™
    on 28 and .410 • Recoil pad on 12 gauge model • Ivory front bead sight

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

OK I stand Corrected!!!!!! The White Lightning Is so much lighter it feels like ALLOY. I shall Now Go bow my head in shame and say 10 Hail Mary's before the "Correctness Police" catch Me!!!!!!!!!!!! joe90t

10. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

With heavy, high velocity sporting loads the Select will suffer. They're known for cracked fore-end wood and side ribs coming loose. With 2 3/4 dram loads it will last forever. Those Winchesters are assembled (soldered) and final fitted in Portugal. A good gun for the money, just don't beat it. GAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori vs win 101

browning citori vs winchester 101

new winchester model 101 fn made in belgium
winchester 101 o browning citori

winchester 101 vs browning citori

winchester 101 vs citori

winchester 101 vs citori 725
winchester select 101