1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning vs. Liberty vault door?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by L21L39, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L21L39

L21L39 TS Member

I am going to be building a gun vault and need to purchase a door. The Browning and Liberty vault doors both look to be very good, but the Liberty is about twice as much. Was wondering if anyone had any experience or input on the subject.
    Thanks, Daryl

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I looked at Liberty and then looked at Fort Knox. I felt that Fort Knox had a better door for the money. Also Google "Vault door". You will come up with other makers that might be better.

3. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

I will be buying one this spring, I am buying the Browning, thought it was quality door and pretty good price

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I would google it and see who can build and install in your area. Also remember that a vault door is delay, but do you have detection and response? All three are needed in a physical security scheme. Sorry, it's what I do for a living. I just chuckle when folks want an alarm and are only "protected" by the County Sheriff. yeah, he'll be there soon, maybe, well in time to write the report that you were robbed while on vacation. So, don't worry too much about the door, but think about all three and how they will protect you. The door is delay, but do you know they are looking at the door, and who will show up and intercept them whilst they are dealing with the door? The answer to that question tells you how much you need to spend on the door and the vault in general.

5. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Black powder in the door may help insure their there when the police gets there.

6. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

www.smithsecuritysafes.com

They build quality safes and vault doors at very reasonable prices.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I just remembered, go to EBAY and put a search in for VAULT DOOR. I have seen some nice bank vault doors on the site and some go really cheap.

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I built my vault around this vault door. This sight has a ton(pardon the pun) of info. Doors are made of American steel(which is important) and they have great relockers. I searched around and came up with this company as the best.

http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.