1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning unsingle info needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tomward, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomward

tomward TS Member

Just received a new Browning unsingle yesterday, Nothing in the paperwork refers to the adjustment of the unsingle rib. There is a screw at the rear and obviously the front moves vertically via an adjustment. Does the rear move or just pivot. What is the function of the screw at the rear of the rib? Tom Ward

2. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Both ends adjust up and down, and it pivets in the middle.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You have to loosen the pivot screw FIRST then make your adjustments from both ends. Then tighten the pivot screw last. The screw in the rear will adjust up and down as the front does. It is important that you loosen the pivot screw before all adjustments and tighten the pivot screw as the last thing you do.

I'd call Guns Unlimited and have them send you the sheet on the rib adjustment. They would be more than helpful if you ask.

Bill

4. tomward

tomward TS Member

Thanks to all. Tom Ward

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Tom, on therib adjustment, adjust the comb if it not monte carlo, that said, after loosening the pivot you can adjust the end at the muzzel, up to lower the poi and down to raise the poi. then adjust the breech end to align the rib to get the figure 8 on the beads if that is what you prefer. then retighten the pivot point. haveknown of some people that raile and the muzzel end for caps and back for singles. the muzzel end has click adjustments you know the drill, set 10 clicks lower for caps or what ever number works for you. at any rate take your time and find which works best for you. I only wish the double barrel had adjustable rib also so that both barrels could be made to shoot the same.

good luck and best wishes

bob

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Jimmy..........I've kept an eye on mine and have had no trouble with any of the screws coming loose. I've got around 10,000 rounds thru it. If if does its nice to know how to fix it, Thanks

Bob... The comb adjusts the POI, the rib adjusts the way the beads look down the barrel. I've got both the un-single and the O/U barrels to shoot 90% and the beads stack the same.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.