1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Unsingle Combo, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by redhawk, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhawk

redhawk Member

Looking at Brownings unsingle combo,any pro's or con's?Also any pictures of actual guns would be great.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Not a bad gun for the $$$. Don't look for it as a high shooter. 70/30 POI is about max for this gun and still being able to stack the beads. The fine tune ability of the unsingle rib is kinda neet though. If you like an XT, you'll love the unsingle combo.

ec90t

3. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

i dont think they are makeing the unsingle any more, so if you can find 1 i dont know how much it would be. i have 1 when i got it they said they couldent get any more.

4. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

You can find this gun at Guns Unlimited.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

When I took the Harlan Campbell course he helped me set mine to 90/10. You can set them to 100% high. I consider them a working man's combo and well worth the money.

When I bought mine at Guns Unlimited it sounded like they was going to orde another batch from Browning.

Bill

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Our trap director at our club just sold his unsingle 32 O/U 30 w adjustable comb 3000.00 I only got to see this gun once. he shot a 12 with the unsingle then sold it? Its worth what your willing to pay.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Those 12's make for a fire sale. Jeff

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yeah kinda pissed he didnt offer it up to any of us? guess he just didnt want to see some one else shoot better with it. I dont even think he tried to adjust it to fit?

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

For what its worth--by all means get one however be sure to get the montecarlo stock model. it will be the easiest to work with if you decide to get a recoil reducer and the comb can be cut if you decide you want it adjustable. had mine since dec. had Ken Rucker put a 'bUMP bUSTER " on it and just love the way it shoots. You can buy 3 "three" of these for the price of a Kolar, "P"gun or "K"gun unsingle combo. Well worth the money.

bob

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

link above for pic of the unsingle.
    http://www.speedbumpstockworks.com/ gets you to K Rucker
    He"s done several of these Brownings and would be worth talking to
    if you are considering getting one

shoot good
    bob

11. srvfan

srvfan Member

Redhawk,
    I bought an unsingle in January this year my scores went down real bad because
    it has alot of adjustments for the average shooter. It was not set at the factory to shoot were I look.... Instead of selling it I decided to talk to
    people about the adjustments on the rib, they are front middle and rear very
    complex I think. If you ask people about adjusting POI on that sort of gun you will get 2 different answers. First theory is adjust the comb first then the
    rib. Second theory is adjust the rib only..... I am very glad I stuck with it
    because I love the gun now I have surpassed were I left off with my old gun.
    My scores are better. The gun has so many adjustments if done right you can
    dial it right in to fit anyone just takes time and patience. But I will say
    it is hard on the Ego at first but for the money a great gun.......
    Paul from Ca.

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Anybody purchasing a gun like that with so much adjustability should always make the first range visit to the patterning board FIRST!..and if you can take a knowledgable shooter friend with you , you'll be way ahead of the game...with a great gun to boot

13. redhawk

redhawk Member

Any actual pic's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.