1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning unsingle barrel weight vs. O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,What does an XT unsingle barrel weigh vs. an XT double barrel;34" unsingle vs. 32" double or 32" unsingle vs. 30" double?What is the advantage of the unsingle barrel other that point of impact adjustment?What is better for trap a 34" or 32" unsingle?I am considering buying an unsingle but nobody around me carries them so I can't actually hold one to see what it feels like.Thanks.

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

We have a Citori XT combo and the 34" unsingle weighs about 6 oz less than the 32" O/U. (Based on the Rapala fish scale method.)

You can remove the plug from the top barrel and add weight to it if you want to get them the same.

My son felt the unsingle too "whippy" so I added 8 oz of #8 to the unsingle and filled with foam. Works great.

SW

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Over under barrel is significantly more heavy. I tend to be slow in doubles with it. Barrel tends to be heavy forward. Unsingle barrel is light in comparison. I don't find my 34"/32 whippy. Great gun, but can only be purchased from Guns Unlimited in Omaha. Although I have seen them for sale at the grand at the Guns Unlimited both. I absolutely love mine!

Note point of impact is about 65 to 70% high on my overunder Barrel and that barrel is not adjustable. The comb is adjustable and more than makes up for any adjustments needed. The unsingle barrel is fantastic and can be set from shooting low to more than 150% high with barrel and comb adjustments.

Can't recommend the gun enough. My students mother tried mine and bought one the next week. She is now my wife! Speaks volumes about the gun! LoL.

We are now at the point where we are talking about getting another one for the daughter (15) as her shooting has soared in the last month. Perhaps a second for the oldest son, Although he loves his 525! Simply order it and have it shipped to your local FFL dealer. No need to ask for good wood, they are all beautiful!

There is no question what guns we will be purchasing!

Primedust
    Mark Stevens
    Level II NRA/ATA instructor

4. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Thank you for the replies,I'm surprised that the unsingle barrel is 6 ozs. lighter than the O/U barrel.I was expecting about 2-4 ozs..I do like the idea of being able to add weight to the top barrel stub to match it to the O/U weight to get the same feel.I was not aware of there being a removable plug and tube in an XT unsingle.Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt unsingle barrel adjustments

citori unsingle additional weight
convert double barrel to unsingle