1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Ultra XS Receiver/Stock Separation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mikr101, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

I have new Browning Ultra XS sporting with approximately 1000 rounds through it. Yesterday I noticed that the receiver was slightly separated from the stock. At times it appeared to be about 1/8", is this normal, and if not how is the issue corrected? Any help with this issue would be greatly apprectiated.
    Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

You need to check to see that the stock bolt hasn't come loose.

You need to do this now!

Do not shoot the gun again until you have taken the butt pad off and checked the stock bolt to see if it's tight.

Kevin

3. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

Kevin,
    thanks for the response, I took the butt pad off and shined a light down the opening. The screw appears to be either a T-20 or T-30 torx. The gun was made in 2007, would you know the exact size required? As it is approximately 8 to 10 inches from the surface of the stock I will need to purchase a T handled torx to reach it.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Is it torx or allen? I think most of the Citoris are 5mm allen.

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

5mm allen

6. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

The gun did come with a long 5mm Allen wrench; however, the bolt head is definitley a torx. It has the factory adjustable comb installed if that makes any difference. This is not the gun I purchased but it is the exact same model http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/lehi/browning/1344513_brctulxs12_leh.jsp?categoryId=SEARCH_gl

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

You can check Brownings website for the specifications of the gun. They usually have a pdf file that you can download and read through to see what the particulars are for your stock bolt. Otherwise you will be making trip after trip trying to get the right one.

I have the same thing on one of my guns and I went to Sears and bought a set to fit my 3/8 socket set. I use an extension and it works great. If I remember it is a 6MM that I used.

Kevin

8. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Mine is the same way. I was told that there is a space to allow the recoil lug to compress a small amount after it is shot. The space should dissappear over time. But do check the stock bolt for insurance. A very well known stock fitter on this sight looked at mine and said it was ok. It may be worth having it checked for your own piece of mind.
    Jimmy

9. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

Thanks to all that replied, this has now been corrected. It was the 5mm Allen wrench. I took it to a local gunsmith and he tightened it up for me at no cost, he told me it should not be loose or a space between the reciever and stock. Thanks again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.