1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning trigger work

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kybullseye, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

I have a Browning XS Special that I would like to have the trigger pull lightened to around 3.5 lbs. Who do you guys recommend for this, and for those of you who have trigger work done on a Browning Citori, any problems?

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As an old Browning gunsmith, I will not lighten their triggers. Doubling with heavy loads, and possibly discharging if dropped are only two reasons I can think of.

Keep the gun serviced and lubed, and the triggers will work well. I like the triggers on my Brownings.

3. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I've usded Spears to work on my Browning triggers, He will not set anything lighter than 3.5 lbs because of the potential for doubling. He has always set my triggers at 3.75 lbs. they are consistent, crisp, really nice. Hecan can also change them over to mechanical triggers which are a necessity for really light loads. Bob K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.