1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Trigger Pull Adjustment?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AEP, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEP

AEP Member

I purchased a Browning Cynergy Combo. Just picked it up Thursday. The trigger pull is set at 4.75 lbs. Way too much for me. This morning I called Browning on how to adjust the trigger pull and remove some of the excess creep. The man said I would need to bring it to a gunsmith. WHAT! You've got to be kidding. The man from Browning said due to liability he could not tell me. Great.

Does anyone know how to adjust the trigger pull or I should say where is the adjustment?

I think the stock needs to be removed since there is nothing under the trigger that I can see.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Andy

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Don't think you will find an "adjustment" on a Browning. They like creep, makes them feel safer. If you work on it they will disown it. Browning won't touch it unless it is out of spec.

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

There is no "user friendly" adjustment on it that I know of. A gunsmith could probably lighten it up a little.

Or you can put some grease on the sear notch and shoot a few thousand rounds through the gun and it will probably lighten up a little.

Easystreet

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Easy street said. Having once performed warranty repair and service for Browning, they will not touch an altered firearm.

The triggers will get better, and duh, it is not a rifle. It does not need a rifle trigger.

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Actually, at 4.75 pounds trigger pull weight straight out of the box, it is lighter than most brand new Browning O/U's that I've had or shot. I'd say that after a couple thousand rounds it should be down to about 4 pounds or a little over. The creep won't change much, but as Shooting Coach said, this ain't a target rifle....... and doesn't need to be one.

Easystreet

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Now if you would have bought a Browning BT 100 there is a very simple trigger weight adjustment. Kinda hard to shoot doubles with one though. I have mine set at about 4lbs. Listen to what Coach says. It ain't a varmint gun. Shoot it and wear it down.----Matt

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Expensive shotguns and there is no way to adjust the trigger. And you think that makes sense? No wonder there is a lot of flinching going on. HMB

8. fly

fly Active Member

Laib's in Spicer,MN
    They will take care of it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 100 trigger adjustment
browning bt99 trap gun pull release trigger adjustment
browning citori trigger adjust

browning citori trigger adjustment

browning trigger adjustment