1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BROWNING TRAVEL VAULT / CASES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

SHOOTERS ,

I have 2 of those Browning Travel Vault plastic cases -one for a BT99 PLUS & the other is for a Citori Plus. Both need the foam replaced. Does anyone know where to get the replacement foam ? The bottom foam is fine it's just the upper layer that has all the cutouts for the custom fit. Also is there any trick to cutting the foam to fit or can you just use a sharp knife ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

BILL

2. soup

soup Member

TTT

3. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

try places that offer to redo couches ,sofas and etc .if they dont i bet they know where you can

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Your travel vault should have three(3) layers of foam with only the center layer of foam cut... I have the takedown case w/wheels

You can go to Pelican and buy a foam set for $70, eBay for about $50 or contact a furniture repair, but make sure you only buy dense flat foam... don't buy the "ripple" stuff, its not what came in the cases and isn't worth the money.

As to how to better cut the foam, I use a chalk outline and then used an electric knife to cut the foam... clean cut.

regards,

Jay

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Hit, if you find foam that needs cut I have an electric hot knife made for cutting foam. I would be happy to lend it to you. Bulge.

6. soup

soup Member

TTT

7. soup

soup Member

TTT

8. soup

soup Member

TTT

9. cafowler

cafowler Member

The gal at Pelican is very helpful. I don't recall a replacement set of foam being that expensive, more in the range of $20 + Shpng a few years ago. Call the customer service in LA and talk to them direct.

I used some greenish foam I found at Joanne's fabrics. Not as dense as the Pelican stuff, but it works fine for the middle piece. I bought a 2" thk piece, so it get squished down a bit. I just use a sharpie to outline the gun, then a really sharp X-acto and try to make clear cuts all the way thru the foam, back and forth.

I have one foam set for my OU, and another for a pair of auto's when I go to Canada for birds.

Hope this helps.

10. soup

soup Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning travel vault

browning travel vault citori plus
browning travel vault from pelican
browning travel vault gun case
browning travel vault over under for sale
browning waterproof travel vault