1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning superposed ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Browning superposed---does anyone still use the old superposed and if so do U get good scores?--I still love the old girl---just wondering

2. mark54

mark54 Member

I bought a new Broadway in 1964,guarantied for life. Still using it.

mark54 in Lititz

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

They are a bit dated compared to what is available currently.

I shoot mine at doubles with mixed results.
    I also shoot a model 12 at singles and handicap, also with mixed results.

I was able to dress myself and put my shoes on the correct feet the first time I tried this morning. It was a good day!

I have also seen 67 winters and don't have high expections.

I also like the old guns and if they fit you and you have the skill, they will break every target pointed correctly.

ed

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

YES, those Belgian beauties are GREAT! Field ones and trap versions. Wish I still had mine.

A couple years ago I saw a 90% condition 1937 12ga w/ the steel "horseshoe" on the forearm at a gun show for $600. I put it down for a minute to look at another gun as the seller took care of another customer and some dude slapped down $600 and snatched it right out from under my nose. My blood pressure still goes up a little when I think about it, LOL.

-Gary

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have 1960 Broadway that is my doubles gun that I will never sell. It has seen better days, but so have I. It can be converted from pull/pull to release/pull. I would buy another if given the chance.

LA in MA

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kick like Mules !!

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

1965 BroadWay.

regards all,

jay

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I think they are the most pleasing to the eye ,especially for the price,as any O/U ever made.I hunt with my 1952 superposed all the time.Even shoot flyers with it from time to time.

Darr Wilson

9. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

My Broadway has been with me about 40 years. I have other trap guns, but it's the last one I'll part with. If I'm honest with myself, I have to say I shoot it about as well as I do anything else. Darn thing just works.

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

1970 Browning Broadway here. If only the women in my life were as trouble free and as reliable, I would be a happy camper.

Eric

11. GI

GI Member

I have a 1962 Broadway that I spent way too much money last year having it completely restored. Work done by Pylinski and no complaints or problems. Before restoration, the lever was completely to the left and touching wood and was sooo loose. Yet I never had a any problems. Now, it gets a lot of attention everywhere I go. This is my favorite gun in the dove fields as well.

12. IWOJIMA

IWOJIMA TS Member

Can't beat the Superposed. I shoot a '69 Diana grade Broadway. I've considered new guns but they just don't have the heart and soul of the Superposed. Not to mention I don't like working on my gun on the tailgate of my truck...so while the new gun guys are changing springs and triggers, adjusting ribs and stocks, and trying to figure out what choke tube to use, I'm doing what I went to the range to do...shooting!

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I bought my ST-100 new in 1980. I'm still shooting it for doubles...can't think of any reason to replace it with something else. I wish they offered it with 32" bbls...I'd buy another one....(incidently, Britt Robinson shot one for a back-up gun when his K-80 broke down...)

14. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

got 2 32" broadribs, a 64 A1 full and full and a 62 32" D5 full and full which i use when the weather is nice far to good to use in the rain that why i have 2 of them. shot a fear few 200s with them now, i have had all the others and still play but so long as you use release triggers they are great, set up right there soft and point well, if you use pull triggers i suggest you stick to the best k80 you can afford.

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

One of John Brownings finer moments!

ss

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Love the Midas Superposed Trap! Chichay

17. IWOJIMA

IWOJIMA TS Member

I like the Superposed. I keep thinking that I need a single barrel but have not found one I love and I sure haven't seen one I think is reliable. Everytime I go to the range I see the owners of "other" shotguns working on them. I also see thread titles like: the parts are here from Italy, problems with trigger, gun siezing, barrels, ribs, grips, and stocks for sale. Am I missing something? I can't understand why so many people are having problems or making changes to their guns. I understand improvements, I change the pad on my Browning every ten years whether it needs it or not. Seriously, are the other guns worth all the trouble?

18. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

I have a Lightning Trap 30". For years did not shoot due to recoil.
    I had forcing cones lengthened. It made the largest difference of
    any gun I have lengthened forcing cones in. I love to shoot now.
    If you have a Belgium Browning, lengthen forcing cones and shoot
    for years trouble free. Great gun!! Gary Owen

19. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

My son shot a 90 in doubles today at Winchester GC....... 1958 Browning Superposed Broadway.......I love it!
    D.P.Reynolds

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

1962 32" Broadway. No more kick than my MX3 special. Great guns.
    Action reworked by Doug Braker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning superposed broadway lightning trap

browning superposed forum

can you shoot bismeth in old browning superposed
common problems 1964 browning lightning broadway
shooting the browning superposed