1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Superposed ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SD duck, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

Anyone shoot a broadway trap? Is it a good trap gun? How many rounds before "what" breaks. Thanks to responders.

2. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

I own a pair of them --- a 32 inch Broadway Trap and a 26 1/2 inch skeet. Both are 1970 production. They are good reliable guns.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You can put them through alot and they just keep working. One of the ones that I have started as a trap gun with me but then carried it exclusively for pheasant hunting for several years. Its also been used as a waterfowler, turkey and crow stopper. Even done some live bird shooting with it due to the constriction it has. Then my son decided he wanted to shoot trap with it and he used it for 3 or 4 years before quitting the game. The only thing that I remember breaking in all that time was the bottom ejector.

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

The old brownings are at end of life when looking for parts. Better to get a newer version (type 3).

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Been shooting a 1970 Broadway since I bought it back then. Only replacement item's were a new set of firing pins. Mine is like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going and going.

Eric

6. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

Thanks, thats what I expected.
    Any other parts that break ? ?

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

The most fragile piece I found to be the ejector extension. Probably put 75,000 rounds + thru it and broke one. Went back to factory to be tightened up once but that's all. A real workhorse! Mine was a '65 gun and the fella that owns it now just keeps shooting it. Sort of wish I wouldn't have parted with it.

Big Jack

8. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I bought my ST-100 new in 1980 and have been shooting it for doubles ever since...zero problems.

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Great gun; make sure you're not buying one with salt wood. Examine closely where steel touches the wood. Also, if you can, take the recoil pad off and inspect the screws for rust. Darrell

11. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I have a pair of Superposed Lightning o/u trap guns. Still tight and no problems. I replaced a firing pin but that's it. 1 is 1969 and the other is 1970. I don't shoot them anymore if anyone's interested.

Tom

12. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

Ifitfliesitdies
    Are they non salt? What is your bottom dollar?

13. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

14. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

15. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

fyi- was in omaha this a.m.@guns unlimited, they have a very-very clean broadway on rack with original hangtag!

16. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

SD Duck,

I've been told they are salt wood so I had the wood redone and sealed. They're 30" barrels and choked full and full. They shoot excellent.

If you send me your e-mail address I'll send you some pics in a few days.

Tom

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I have my Daly with the wide (Broadway) rib and have shot the browning gun also.

The Japan copy (On the outside only) is as true to it as the original. And I just love the way it feels and shoots. Even though I shoot no better with it than I do with my BT.

My trouble is I like both and need to settle on one or the other.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning superposed live bird shotguns

who shootsbrowning superposed broadway for trap