Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

????Browning superposed ???????

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ljutic73 
#1 ·
I have a Browning Pigeon Superposed ,30 in. barrels,narrow vent.rib Mfg. 1969.Can some one tell me why on the forearm on some their appears to be a nut inlayed on each side of forearm and on others their is none.Also opion on the Browning superposed.
Thank you

#2 ·
The earlier guns had the nut on the sides. Somewhere about the time of your gun,maybe a bit earlier that was dropped. I have owned these guns for 40 years. I love them. Lots of guys don't. They tend to kick some when using more than 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 loads because of their lighter weight. The 12 ga in the lowest grade $ for $ is the cheapest,most underrated gun there is. Way better than any Citori. One big problem,no choke tubes. They have thin bbl walls which limits choice. Your Pigeon grade is one of the most desired esp in 20 ga.

#6 ·
Gary,

I believe what you are talking about is just the bolt going through the forearm which attaches the wood to the barrel set (the forearms on the Superposed stay attached to the barrel when the gun is broken down. It is the typical way that the forearms were attached on the field guns (and also the target guns for some model years).

On some very early Supers (like from the 30's) and also on all the later model target guns with the wide forearms, this mounting method with the forearm mounting bolt going through the forearm at 90 degrees isn't used. Instead, there is a "U" shaped piece (metal on old guns and plastic on the later) called a "horseshoe clip" that is located on the very front end of the forearm and a long thin stovebolt is run through the front on the forearm all the way through and threads into the forearm iron.

Gregg535

#10 ·
As an ST-100 owner for the last 28 years I think they were way ahead of thier time. FN Belgium manufactured, adjustable POI, great wood, nice engraving, and it smokes doubles targets...what's not to like....oh, and they're kinda rare. I'm told that only 300 or so were made. If they re-introduced them now, according to thier current pricing, they'd probably list for $25K.

Ron Burr

Alberta

#12 ·
So isn't anyone going to mention that 1969 was about the height of the "salt gun" years. Look close where the wood meets the metal. Any hint of corrosion there is a giant red flag. Guns from 67 to about 72 are worth considerably less unless tested. Even then, they still carry the stigma. Oh, and by the way, I LOVE Superposeds. Regards, Jake

#13 ·
Hmmm,

I have a Supperposed 30" mod/full, and what I gather from the ser no it was made in the early 1930's. it is in the original browning hardcase with hang tags (price on hang tag is 225.00). Sad thing though, forend has a hairline crack in it, and the original stock was shortened, then lengthened back with a black spacer. Whoever did the lengthening did a good job though. Having trouble with the trigger reseting for the second shot. doesen't look to have been shot much at all, metal finnish is about 95% with no visible blue wear.

Wonder what it might be worth?

Chuck H

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.