1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Superposed Stock Replacement

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Don E, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don E

Don E TS Member

I have a Browning Superposed and a Browning BSS that need to have the stocks replaced. They had belonged to my uncle and were used as chew toys by his black lab, he left them in the back of the pick up with the dog on the ride home. I bought them form my aunt after my uncle passed away.

I was wondering where I should send them to have the stocks replaced? Browning doesn't have stocks for the BSS but they do for the Superposed. Should I just deal with Browning on the superposed and send the BSS some where else? If so can anyone recommend a gunsmith for the BSS or even the Superposed? What pitfalls should I watch out for or look for as far as replacement stocks are concerned? I know you get what you pay for but I don't wnat to be taken advantage of either.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Don Galenas

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

You need to decide whether you want them to be serviceable or to be perfectly restored. You can spend a lot of money here. Ron

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd suggest contacting Arts gunshop. He's very good about superposed. Also Doug Braker.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I second Arts...he's the man.

Rick in Mt.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Arts guns---phone#636-944-3630---Highsboro Missouri---sjb---

6. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

This is my first post/responce on the poor workmanship I got 2 months ago from Art's. I feel the folks on TS.com need the facts.

So, WHOA on the Art's Gun shop schtik. He recently redid the rib on my Pigeon Brdwy, for the SECOND time in less than 2 months. It's still crooked from the first repair, full of gaps at the top rib barrel joint, poor re-bluing (even got it on the middle bead and into the choke tubes the first time), gobs of adhesive on the muzzle, choke tubes all but seized in place, and returned to me full of dirt and goo; and he refuses to take responsibility for his 2nd effort of "personally supervised work" wherein he advised I send it back to him for a redo. And his excuse for such poor work, he states "...all Brdwy ribs are crooked". Then he claims the gun will shoot OK. That was never the problem........the top rib being loose was the problem.

My letters and personal dicussions with him were seemingly cast aside. His reputation conviced me to have him do the repair. My demands for a refund have gone unanswered. He has cerainly compromised the value of my Pigeon grade Broadway. Being an old dog myself, I cut Art some slack but this is so poor.

Never again!!! Twice is one too many times. IMHO, his reputation FAR exceeds his assurances and abilities.

Ernie

7. Don E

Don E TS Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Art's gun shop. I really appreciate your input, this is why I posted here to learn from others experiences. I'll keep checking in before I finally decide what to do.
    A gentleman I shoot with thinks I should send the superposed to browning and the other gun to a shop in Maine. I can't remember the name but he is supposed to get the number for me. Again thanks you everyone for you help

Don

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Years ago I had the top rib come loose on my Brng Pigeon, second year of manufacture 31 or 32. I sent it to Briley for a reblue, thinwall choke tubes, it was cyl/cyl, and redo the rib. They did an outstanding job on it. I found them excellant to deal with at that time. Good luck, Bob

9. BigM-Perazzi

Well, if your looking for wood for that superposed, I guess you'll just have to take a chance on Art....That was what you asked for, right?

10. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You don't have to go to Art's for Superposed wood. Go to Paul Crosnoe. He had a bunch!

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I called Art today and told them of your disapointment and they were up set about your bad feelings---They to look at this and will reply---Told me that all their work is guranteed---sjb---

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I alway recommended Art's for work done on Brownings. The people were very happy with the work.

The last time I sent someone to Art's, the work was not up to par. The gun was a BT 99 that had to be sent in a number of times to get it to work right. Did they finally fix it? Yes, but the guy paid freight on it every time he had to send it back and it should have been fixed right the first time. The course of action was not very professional.

I doubt if I'll send anymore business their way.

Ajax

13. BigM-Perazzi

If you ever looked at some of the Sh*t that get's sent to Art for repair, saltwood etc, you might have a better idea of why some people complain. You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear sometimes....

If you don't like Art, by all means find someone else. Doug Braker (the gun doctor) is good, Midway has parts, the man asked for wood, got a complaint thread on machining work instead...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning superposed butt stock for sale

browning superposed replacement stock

browning superposed stock

browning superposed stock replacement

browning superposed stocks for
browningl superposed stock
making a superposed stock
used browning superposed shotguns butt stock for sale