1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BROWNING SUPERPOSED FACEBOOK PAGE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kim Z., Jun 27, 2013.

1. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Have you seen the Browning Superposed page on Facebook? It shows photos of richly engraved guns with highly figured walnut stocks and the rare and unusual Belgium-made ST-100 Superposed with an adjustable barrel. Superposed history, features, and a dating chart are included along with examples of engraving and gorgeous wood in the photo section. It's an interesting post for those who appreciate Old World craftsmanship. Check it out, and if you enjoy what you see, please press "Like" on the page to show your support.

2. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Watch out for those crabby old guys who own an ST100.

Vern

3. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Ah Vern,

You have a great sense of humor. Although I don't think you're crabby, I'll bet you're older than the hills! Please tell us what it's like to shoot your ST100 and the comments you're getting from others about your uncommon gun.

Kim

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Damn right Vern!! When I took Britt Robinson's clinic in 1994 he was checking gun fit and when I put up my ST100 he asked "where the hell did you get that?" And, Britt was shooting his Superposed next to me at the 1990 Montana State Shoot while his K-80 O/U bbls. were in the shop....

Ron Burr

5. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Hi Kim

I never regretted buying my ST100. It was purchased sometime in the early 80's and served me well for some years. I finally gave way and retired it.

As with most shooters I decided to have some changes made to it to suit me. It has had the lower barrel ported, an adjustable comb added and when my wife, Brenda, began shooting it was her gun of choice for about 2 years. I had the stock cut down to fit her.

It was put away for a number of years and last year I had Allem's reblue it, redo the wood in a satin finish,tune it up and add a Graco type L.O.P. adjuster and new pad.

It was a gun well ahead of it's time. I actually liked it better than I did my 3200's. In all the years of use, it never broke or caused any problems.

There were always plenty of shooters who wanted to inspect it, ask questions and even shoot a round of practice with it. It is a head turner, especially when they first came out and there weren't many around to see.

Vern

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Vern,

What a great story. There are some of us who find a gem which the "follow the crowd" group envies.

Kim

7. ljutic73

Kim, I've been shooting my ST-100 since I bought it new in 1980. I'm currently the only shooter in Alberta (where an inordinate number were sold in '80-'81) still shooting one. I've never had an inclination to shoot anything else for doubles and have used it for that purpose since 1983 when I bought my Ljutic 73 for singles and 'caps.

Ron Burr

8. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Hi Ron,

I know you from Facebook! We've been already chatting back and forth on the "Browning Superposed" and "Ljutic" pages.

Take care,

Kim

9. ljutic73

Yes Kim, I have...I'll have to get some better pics of the ST & the 73 and post them....

Ron Burr

10. ljutic73

The ST-100 has a floating rib, secured at the muzzle by a barrel hanger and 2 dovetails on the pickets. The whole issue is held together by a spring steel roll pin on top of the monoblock. I was shooting doubles and about 20 pairs into an event the rib came flying off. I borrowed a 3200 to finish (couldn't hit my a$$ with it). The next day I took the gun to my local auto parts supplier and installed a new roll pin, driving it home with their brass hammer. Cost...$0.07! Cheapest Browning Superposed fix ever where new parts were required!

Ron Burr

11. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Belgian Browning Superposed, Midas Grade

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Kim, I absolutely love that Midas Grade!!

HAP

13. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

I am one of those that own a ST100, alone with a number of other Brownings. Jon

14. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Kim Z.

That picture of the Midas Grade Superposed is spectacular. Do you own that gun? I'm beside myself in jealousy of the owner of that gun. Midas grade Browning's are in a class of their own, I think. The Facebook page is great.

15. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Perazzi (Ahem),

Thanks for liking the Browning Superposed Facebook Page. The Midas photo was taken from Gunbroker.com or GunsInternational.com.

Also, if you are interested in the history of Ljutic, check out the Ljutic Facebook Page.

Take care,

Kim Z.

16. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Search tags for this page

britt robinson trap shooter

browning 1978 shotgun cataloug

how do you tell browning superposed grade

images of spectacular browning shotguns with fantastic engraving and highly figured wood

wanted browning superposed 1980 shotgun cataloug