1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Superposed Engraving

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pjogrinc, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjogrinc

pjogrinc TS Member

I have a Browning Superposed Pigeon grade 1963 MFG. The question I have is the deep engraving and size of the pigeons does not match others I have seen. The engraving seems to be deeper than most other Pigeon grades I have seen and the Pigeons are larger and more detailed.

How do I tell if this was engraved by one of the famous Browning engravers ??? TNKS.

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

first off, look for a signature.

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Anyone who wants to fake a graded Superposed will fake the signature too. Documentation from the Browning historian is the only way to insure that a graded gun is factory. Not many pigeons are being faked, but Diana and Midas fakes are all over the place. Angelo Bee has done bunches of them and others have done good fakes also.

4. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Very few pigeon grades were signed. Put a pic on here and lets take a look at it. GaryL.

5. eightbore

DB Bill, I'm selling all of my 60s Supers on your information. On the other hand, after a lifetime of big block Suburbans, I just bought a 2010 Toyota 4 Runner. I may take a second look at my long tang Supers.

6. eightbore

Thank you for the clarification. A Japanese engraved "Pigeon Grade" should be fairly easy to identify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

active browning engravers 1971

browning superposed b1 engravings

browning superposed engravers