1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning superposed Broadway(SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Broadway in great condition---1964 vintage--30" bbl (F) (M)---comes with two stocks,both RK--LT which is very unusual for a broadway---Allem release and pull trigger---I bought the gun to shoot doubles but never got around to it.I was suspicious of salt but there is no evidence of salt.If it were salt it should show up after 48yrs with pitting and rust---I called browning historial and they have it as sold in 1964 to a gun shop in PA and no mention of it being a salt gun.They also said it must have been a special order because of the RK/LT stock---Broadways were not made with that type of stock---Also the B-Book states that salt wood not usual to RK/LT wood---The wood and metal is EX.The release lever is at 5 o'clock---gun is a beauty---$1,550.00 shipped with 3 day no fire inspection pd, with full refund for misrepresentation.Buyer pays return shipping and in same condition as received----It will be enjoyed by someone who is a fan of the Broadway era---George@SJB----
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

George. Sounds likee a plan. Let's do it

jack

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SOLD to MIA---

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Please explain the RK/LT wood designation.

Danny

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Danny. "RK" means Round Knob, as opposed to Flat knob in later guns. "LT" means Long Tang as that was the design proir to 67 the salt era

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Thanks again GEo. Thanks a lot. It is a shooter for me

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Thanks again GEo. Thanks a lot. It is a shooter for me

8. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Geo, I'll send a brand new Negrini case to pack that gun into.

Wow! I'll love it.

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sold---Quality and patience---George@SJB

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jack,

Isn't this your long lost love. I think this was your gun before you went Italian from what I remember. Jon

11. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Exact weapon. My first one was a 32" RKLT '62 in pull triggers. Shot well with that. Next one was a '74 in 30" in pull tht I shot well too.But when I went to releases, I faltered and sold off it all in favor of a K80 combo. Needless to say, scores went down because of my inability to coordinate my senses to KI releases. Even tho they tried.

I've been waiting for my '74 in 30" to show up since 06. My current preference would be for a good Broadway in release/pull. Adn it showed up at 9:24 last nite. I was Hazy/dozing at the time kinda disinterested in the debates, when I looked over and saw this Broadway, took about a minute to briefly scan and said to Geo, "Let's get this done".

A man of his word and at 17 minutes this gun is my last doubles gun. Thanks Geo.

12. plux001

plux001 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack, nice buy. I have a fklt 32" broadway pigeon im/f that is a joy to shoot. I have often said these are the best value in the market. Even some very expensive new guns today can't match the hand-fitting and craftsmanship of the Superposed. Well done. Just don't let word out about how sweet these things are, until I pick up a couple more...

Paul

13. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Paul. NOt often the exact thing shows up on TS.com. No compromises in this gun. Just stuff bullets in it and away we go. And I might add no "get it ready costs" either. What a bonus that is. Every gun I buy to shoot has to be readied and that is always a least a couple hundred bucks.

14. HoosierHawk95

HoosierHawk95 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have seen several references to "salt" guns on this forum; however, I have no idea what that reference means. Would someone enlighten me as to what a "salt" gun is? Thanks.

15. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Hoosier. During the early 60s, Browning could not get enough wood to make stocks form. Big demand for their guns and not enough dry wood. So they coma up wiht a plan to "Salt cure" the green walnut. They stacked the wood with strips inbetween added a layer of salt to the wood and the moisture leeched out in months when it usually takes 3 or 4 years. But the now dry wood had salt residues left in the wood and the wood looked good but was tainted.Adn when abutted to the metal, the SALT came out and rotted the metal. Essentially that was a problem from about 67 to 71 although there is a lot of differing opinions and many of them correct.

Browning made new stocks for these guns free of charge to the original owners of the guns.

But there will be many guys come on and tell you/us that the timing was longer at both ends. Adn maybe so.

I'v seen many.

16. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jack: I just bought a really nice Broadway last month and am planning on shootin ALL THREE EVENTS with it. Don't limit yourself by just shooting doubles with this gun. You might be really suprised. Rick ..... Texas

17. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

This is one of the 'Corvettes' of its time. And it ALWAYS will be about quality and original demand for the gun. If you have one of these, hold on to it for life or as a family hand-down. And when that day comes that you have to sell one. Try to do a young friend right. Love mine. Jim

18. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Jim. You are a smart man. And I am a dumb one. I have sold off all my Broadways (prob about 6) over the years. But all about 20 years ago. Not this one tho. Neato gun.

I cannot tell for sure, but the forend may be a "custom match" to the butt stock. sjblues and I are moving shipping vehicles right now to protect this little beauty. It did not come with a case, but I have an abundance of cases that will love this gun. Prob go into this new Negrini. I keep some around to sell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Or I might pop for a leather adorned Browining case. those are nice too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.