1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Superposed 20 ga first yr production

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sovrapposto, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sovrapposto

sovrapposto TS Member

I'm selling my 20 ga Superposed with 28" bbls built in 1949, ser# 306. The metal is 99% and the wood is 90% but it has been cut and a poorly fitted recoil pad has been added. LOP is now 14 1/8" including the 1" pad. According to the Browning historian, it was imported into the USA in June, 1949 and was one of the first 50 20ga guns brought in to the US. Any ideas as to value? Thanks, Jerry Valorani

2. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

ttt I'm Curious to know the value

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Not trying to steal your thread, but I have a couple of old brownings, and you couldn't buy any for $1500.00. Just my favorites, I guess.

In 1979, I remember wanting to buy a lightning superposed skeet from a man who insisted on an appraisal. We went to a large dealer in Indy, and he paid $10.00 for an "Insurance" appraisal. The dealer gave him a written appraisal of $2000.00. I told the man to keep it, and hand it down to his two girls.

This man asked the dealer if he had it what he would sell it for. The dealer said $1250.00. I told him again to keep it. He then asked the dealer if he was to sell it to the dealer, what would he give him for it. The dealer said $800.00.

Now, I had offered $1000.00 before all this happenen. He insisted I take it home and shoot it. Reluctantly, I did, but I didn't shoot it. What I did was take it to two very reputable dealers for a value. One dealer sold this gun new to this man's Father. Ironically, both provided identical values of $1000.00 in writing.

I put both appraisals in the case, and returned it to him, thanking him for the chance to buy it.

Value is in the eye of the buyer!

Danny

4. sovrapposto

sovrapposto TS Member

Thanks for the info. How exactly do I rate the wood if the condition is really 90% but the wood is cut? The metal really is 99% with NO blueing wear except for the forearm screw and the tang screw. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.