1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

Sep 2, 2008
    FOLKS ,

I've got a few small,not deep , dings in a Browning Citori finish . Is there any good way to repair these small areas other than have the whole stock refinished . I assume it would be well over $ 300.00 to have it completely refinished , so I would like to know if it is workable to do small touchups yourself & how do you do it ? Brownings finish is pretty hard , I'm not sure how you would duplicate it .

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    There is nothing you can do that will make it look better. Leave it alone, after a while you won't even notice it. Anybody who tells you different is just blowin' smoke.
  3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    The finish Browning uses will turn white where it's been damaged severely (broken). I've had success by removing the damaged finish with a scalpel and replacing it with crystal clear epoxy. Done properly and allowed to cure with the repair parallel with the floor, the repairs are a lot less obvious than the original damage. If the finish has been dented but not broken so that has not discolored, best to leave it alone.

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ojai CA
    I've got both types of dings in my new XT. It is a sprayed on clear paint type finish. laquer, varnish, whatever. Touching it up will just make it worse.

Just leave it alone. The only way to duplicate the factory finish is to send it back to the factory.$$$

I do some stock refinishing and I can assure you that you might be able to duplicate it with enough "practice" but do you really want to practice on a $2000+ shotgun.

Anytime you have checkering to contend with the difficulty level of redoing the finish goes up exponentially.

All of this spells LOSER in capital letters. Leave it alone.

5. bn12gg

bn12gg TS Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rub some Howard Feed and Wax on. HELPS!

It's in Home Depot, Paint Dept. Good stuff.

Won't help dents but really helps scratches.

.02 David
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori stock scratch

fix scratch citori stock
how to take small dings out of a gun stock
repair ding browning stock

repair scrape browning stock finish

repairing gun stock scratches

repairing small scrantches on wood gun stock
scratches in citori shotgun stock